Gear & Equipment > Holsters & Leather Goods

Holster repair...

(1/5) > >>

unfy:
This is a call for info and suggestions or something heh.  How to knowledge, tips, or "go take stuff to this guy" would all be considered.

I'd prefer tips / suggestions, but an inexpensive "in town guy" is an option :D.

My crossbreed supertuck has problems.  The kydex portion is cracked and missing pieces and stuff.  Wearing it 16 hours a day and possibly sleeping on it over the years has taken it's toll.

I've repaired it a few times with epoxy, but it's time to actually get it properly fixed.  However, the cross breed folks are swamped...

So.  I've picked up some Kydex.  0.080".  Wow that's way thick heh.

I've got a toaster oven, the materials to make a kydex "press", and a non contact thermometer will be here by the end of the week.

Don't have any rivets, will probably try hobby lobby or michael's to see if they got rivets and setters.  Do have eyelet tools... but... I dunno.  Rivets sound better.  If I can't find any, I'll head back to ebay for stuff :(

The CB plastic part has an exaggerated front sight section that prolly makes it easier to draw / re-holster.  I was prolly gonna whittle a dowel or something to replicate it.

I'm not entirely sure how to properly do a "3d" mold like that.... most things that I've seen all discuss 50/50 molds with a parting line etc. 

I suppose I can wrap the hot kydex around the firearm a little and trim off excess to get the front sight guide ?

It may not be necessary for the front sight guide to be 3d ? It's not really gonna provide any captive force after all...  This sounds like a good first attempt.

Any suggestions in general ?

bullit:
Doesn't Crossbreed have a lifetime warranty?

unfy:

--- Quote from: bullit on November 03, 2014, 02:19:05 PM ---Doesn't Crossbreed have a lifetime warranty?

--- End quote ---

Yes, yes they do.

However... See also:

--- Quote from: unfy ---However, the cross breed folks are swamped...
--- End quote ---

Mudinyeri:
I have a press ... and probably everything else you need to fix it.  Want me to bring the press and my supply bin on the 10th?

unfy:

--- Quote from: Mudinyeri on November 03, 2014, 02:32:33 PM ---I have a press ... and probably everything else you need to fix it.  Want me to bring the press and my supply bin on the 10th?

--- End quote ---

Wow :D

That's hard to say no to.

I guess so :)

If I happen to attempt it before Monday evening... I'll be sure to send ya a PM or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version