< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Multigun (3 Gun) - November 16, 2014 @ ENGC (Last one in 2014!)  (Read 1518 times)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
Multigun (3 Gun) - November 16, 2014 @ ENGC (Last one in 2014!)
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters is putting on the last Multigun match of the year on November 16th! This match is open to the public and will be held at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club (Directions) near Louisville.

We will be using the 100 yard range for this match, so please know where your rifle hits at 100 yards!

We have a strict attendance policy. If you are not in line to register and pay by 8:30AM, you will not be allowed to shoot!

Online Pre-Registration: https://clubs.practiscore.com/enps-november-multi-gun-match/register
Please note that even if you pre-register you still have to be at the range and pay the match fee before 8:30AM the day of the match!

Match Fee: $15.

Schedule Is As Follows:
  • Setup will start at 7:15AM. We appreciate any help we can get with setup. The more people we have, the faster we can get shooting!
  • Registration closes at 8:30AM but you definitely want to show up sooner if you can. We will, as always, do our best to accommodate squadding requests but your chances are exponentially better at getting those requests fulfilled if you register online or show up very early on match day!
  • Safety and New Shooter Briefing begins at 8:40AM.
  • Shooters’ Meeting starts at 9:00AM.
  • Match begins immediately following the Shooters’ Meeting.
Equipment You Will Need:
  • A rifle chambered in 5.45x39mm or larger [an AR15 in 5.56x45mm is the most common].
  • A shotgun chambered in 20 gauge or larger [a 12 gauge semi-auto shotgun is the most common].
  • A handgun chambered in 9x19mm or larger.
  • A holster for your handgun. It is highly recommended you get one designed specifically for your gun and not a universal holster. The trigger must be covered by the holster.
  • Plenty of ammunition for all three guns. It never hurts to have too much ammo!

Not sure what division you have the equipment for [see Appendix A starting on page 62]? Want to get more in-depth with the rules? Read more here: http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/RifleShotgunMultigun%20Rules%201-1-2014final.pdf

We also have a couple ENGC range rules:
  • No shot larger than #7 in your shotgun. That means that only #7 shot and higher number birdshot types are allowed (#8 shot is very commonly used). Using larger (lower number) shot is grounds for a disqualification for unsafe equipment.
  • No steel shot ammunition! All shotgun ammunition must be lead shot! We shoot steel targets at close range and steel shot has a much greater chance of causing ricochets. This is a DQ-able offense!
  • No steel core, tracer, or armor piercing ammunition is allowed. This includes M855/SS109 "green tip" ammunition. Please make sure you are shooting lead core ammunition. Using these kinds of ammunition will also result in a DQ.

If you have any questions please reply to this thread or PM me! I will do what I can to help you out. :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:40:41 AM by SeanN »

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Multigun (3 Gun) - November 16, 2014 @ ENGC (Last one in 2014!)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »
Less than a week now! Are you pre-registered!? You should be! Come out for some run-n-gun fun!

Last chance for the year to exercise your rifle and shotgun at ENPS matches!

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:52:11 PM »
Need a stage designer again?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »
Deer season :(

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 05:42:12 PM »
Deer season :(

Kinda expecting a lot of that.  :(

On the other hand, it'll make the rest of us look a LOT better in the yearly standings! 
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »
Let's see----pistol, pistol ammo, holster/mag pouches, rifle, rifle ammo, mag pouches, extra battery for dot, shotgun, shotgun shells, shell pouches, eye pro, ear pro, second layer of ear pro....

....and 6 layers of clothing to keep warm.  Plus hand warmers. 

On second though, 8 layers, just to be safe.  Plus a blanket.  Maybe 2 blankets.  Hm, wonder if I have an extra can of propane for my portable heater?  That would be nice, too...

...shooting will still be fun.  :)

See you all out on the range tomorrow!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 05:21:05 PM »
It was cold, yes----but with no wind and the sun being out, it really wasn't bad weather for a MG match!  (Though gloves certainly made a difference.)  23 shooters came and shot, and the stages were seriously fun.  (Though there was too much shotgun.  Of course, more than 9 rounds is too much shotgun.  I might be biased...)

Results are up on Practiscore.com:

https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=8b11d1d7-902e-40d3-9e4d-d5ac2b5c8f3b

(This link will be appearing on the ENPS website momentarily, too.)

See you next week for the Steel Challenge match!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
If you are on Facebook, if you like the Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters page, you can see some pictures from the match.  (Feel free to post more!)

Here's one view of the match:

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
If you are on Facebook, if you like the Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters page, you can see some pictures from the match.  (Feel free to post more!)

Here's one view of the match:

Looks cold, wish I would have come out. I got to get over the fact that I haven't had time to practice and just shoot the match.

Nice job on the rifle on the 100, very cool.  What was the deal with the shotgun? You split the the mag tube?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »
Looks cold, wish I would have come out. I got to get over the fact that I haven't had time to practice and just shoot the match.

I almost never practice rifle or shotgun (I never shot my shotgun outside of a MG match this entire year, and the only time I shot my rifle outside of the match was to check my zero when I switched back to my TAC30 scope) so YEAH, you should come shoot anyway!  :)

Back when I bought the shotgun, I actually practiced a couple of times.  Haven't done that in the long time, though...

Nice job on the rifle on the 100, very cool.  What was the deal with the shotgun? You split the the mag tube?

In the 9-second-jam, the bolt stuck on the lifter (happens occasionally, though that was the first time ever that it happened with ammo in it), and the later issue---no idea.  I put a shell in (and it clicked all the way into the tube), then suddenly the tube dumped three shells back out into my hand.

I think it was just grumpy that it had to shoot in the cold.  Which I completely understand.

I'm like "well, here's another 4 seconds putting them back in!"  [sigh]  No idea why.

I'll probably take a look at the shotgun again sometime in early March, before the next MG match.  :)