< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Division for Zombie Match...  (Read 1216 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
New Division for Zombie Match...
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:26:18 AM »
So, I've been thinking about the Ardena Rule regarding no-shoots on stages, and it gave me an idea for a new division for our yearly Zombie Match.

For those who don't know the Ardena Rule, Zebra (here on the forum she goes by Zebra) keeps proposing a rule for use in official matches (which never quite seems to be officially allowed) which is:  If you tag a no-shoot on a stage, as long as you go around and shoot EVERY no-shoot on the stage, it shouldn't count, because there are no witnesses left.

Which leads me to the new division idea:  The Psychopath Division.

(You like it already, don't you?)

In the Psychopath division (again, this is ONLY for the Zombie Match) there are no restrictions on firearms (other than you can only use one per stage).  You can use any firearm legal in any other division of the Zombie Match--matter of fact, you can actually use one firearm on one stage, and a different firearm on another stage.  (Rimfire pistol on one stage, rimfire rifle on another, Open centerfire on a third, etc.)  Start positions for each firearm type match its respective original division.

However---you have to shoot EVERYTHING on each stage.  Zombies, Infected, and Humans.  (Hard cover is not a target.)  Pyschopaths believe (with some logic, really) that Humans are just Zombies-In-Waiting because they probably aren't smart enough to stay alive, so killing them now is just pre-emptive Zombie Killing.

So---for people in the Psychopath division, THERE ARE NO NO-SHOOT TARGETS. 

Unlike everyone else, YOU get penalties if you DON'T shoot the no-shoot targets.  And unlike the rest of the targets, any one hit on the no-shoot counts to "neutralize" it.  (They are humans---much less resilient than Infected.)  Leaving a witness behind on a stage (no matter how many witnesses) gives you a 20-second penalty for that stage.  (It's the Zombie version of an IDPA FTDR.  FTKE---Failure to Kill Everyone?)

I realize the PC crowd will hate this.  Well, they'll probably all get killed when the Zombies come anyway.

Thoughts?  Adjustments?  I'm not promising this will occur, but I must admit, the thought amuses me, possibly enough to add this division....

What do you think?  Should we add a Psychopath division to the Zombie Match?
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: New Division for Zombie Match...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »
I love this idea.  Sort of a "Kill them all. Let God sort them out." type of approach to the stages. I am planning on shooting in Zombie next year and this would make it quite fun.  The idea of multi-gun as well.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
Where do I sign up?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »
I think you need to somehow incorporate a wood chipper.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
I think you need to somehow incorporate a wood chipper.

We can simulate that with a paper target and a paper shredder.  :)    (Cheaper than a real wood chipper.  Which I don't own.  Yet.)

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »
Which leads me to the new division idea:  The Psychopath Division.

I take offense to this label.  I prefer "Apocalyptic Division".  Survival of the fittest (or most well armed) does not make me crazy...does it?  What?  Oh..Okay.  Yep, I just confirmed it.  The voices in my head told me it isn't crazy.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline tobydog

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »
Ya think you will have any need for the rest of the divisions if you do this? Sounds like WAY too much fun to me! Get even with all the no-shoots I tagged this year in USPSA. Shoot more guns, more targets, more ammo? Count me in! ;D

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »
I am definitely in  :)

Offline tobydog

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 10:33:15 PM »
We can simulate that with a paper target and a paper shredder.  :)    (Cheaper than a real wood chipper.  Which I don't own.  Yet.)

I got one! :o