< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New to the forums and well to hunting  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Wallace

• NFOA Full Member
New to the forums and well to hunting
« on: November 14, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
Hey everyone. I am new to this forum and well new to hunting. My buddy who was stationed at Offutt AFB just received orders. He is the one that got my into hunting and has taken me dove hunting and duck hunting a few times. Honestly, hunting is just terrible to get into without someone helping you out or guiding you.

Anyone know any good hunting spots that I could try out for different game? (I live in the Bellevue area)

Thanks in advance guys!

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: New to the forums and well to hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:56:33 AM »
Welcome.

You can find the Nebraska Game & Parks 2014 Hunting Guide online at outdoornebraska.org. Among other things, the guide lists public lands available for hunting, the types of game that you'll find on those lands and the acreage of the hunting area.

You may also want to check out the forums at nebraskaoutdoors.net

Good luck!

Offline Wallace

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »
Mudinyeri,

I've read through that and been to some of the hunting areas it list. I just thought maybe I could get some insight from someone on the HOT spots. I am currently looking into getting into turkeys after deer seasons is over. Not looking to drive more than an hour from Bellevue area.

I appreciate all the help

Offline Wallace

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »
Also, I'd like to hunt on private land just because it is safer. I am huge into gun safety. Public land can be scary at times!