< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Glock Perfection!  (Read 796 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Glock Perfection!
« on: November 12, 2014, 10:55:26 PM »
I recently traded a guy & I am now the proud owner of a very lightly used Glock 17.... 

I have minimal experience with Glocks & I noticed something when I went to make the exchange. When I rack the slide the front rubs & appears to be touching the frame. I asked the guy & he played it off so I googled it, the first bunch of articles I scanned said it's no big deal so I went ahead with the transaction.  Apparently it is called 'pignose'.....I have read a number of fixes online but I wanted to reach out to any of our local Glock enthusiasts to see what their opinions were on if I should even care about this....

The gun is a gen 3 G17 & appears to be in very good condition besides the rubbing which makes a little noise... I have not shot it yet but plan on it soon...

Thanks...
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Glock Perfection!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 12:09:22 AM »
Here's One Approach to Fixing Glock Pig-nose:

Much harder to find a fix for OCD.   Never mind how I know.

You asked if you should care.   Only if you score 80 or higher on the Standardized OCD test.
Or.........If the slide locks up.

sfg
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:16:00 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »
You asked if you should care.   Only if you score 80 or higher on the Standardized OCD test.

This.

I have never seen it cause an issue with function.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »
Thank you Ken & Shawn... I took it apart & cleaned it up tonight.  Look forward to getting out to the range!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:23:34 AM »
Thank you Ken & Shawn... I took it apart & cleaned it up tonight.  Look forward to getting out to the range!

Shameless plug.  Steel challenge at ENGC next Sunday. https://clubs.practiscore.com/enps-november-steel-challenge/register