< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Daughter needs help on research paper  (Read 1141 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Daughter needs help on research paper
« on: November 24, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »
Any instructors on here to point me to a link I can give her listing the requirements for the Nebraska and Utah CHP class- class length, subjects required to be covered, courses of fire, etc.

I remember what was taught in my classes, but she needs this tonight, and I can't type it all out in an e-mail very easily.....

She's at the United States Naval Academy, and very busy/stressed ..... and was really bummed about missing November Firearm deer season for the first time since she was like six ......

.... thanks in advance!

-JimP
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Daughter needs help on research paper
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »
Not an instructor, but here is what Nebraska requires.

https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/media/10118/ccw_curriculum_development.pdf

https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/media/10121/ccw_course_objectives.pdf

I think Chris Zeeb would be one of the most knowledgeable on Utah's requirements.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
Try using the email icon on the side and email Chris Zeeb. He doesn't frequent the forums all that often.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
Did not have time to E-mail Chris Z, but that would have been a great primary source for her ..... she waited until the very last minute, as usual.....

Rick's second link was EXACTLY what she was looking for.... she texted me "THANKS!!!" ....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:01:15 AM »
Rick's second link was EXACTLY what she was looking for.... she texted me "THANKS!!!" ....

GREAT! Now, ya know, we (I) would love to read a copy of this paper she wrote. Also a report on what she gits for a grade.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 08:45:32 AM »
I'll ask, as she's back until Sunday AM ....though I doubt she has gotten it graded yet ....