< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Large Range Bag  (Read 2752 times)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Large Range Bag
« on: November 30, 2014, 09:26:38 PM »
My dad wants a larger Range bag for Xmas. He didn't give my mom any details besides he wants something that he can hold 5 guns and all his other stuff in... Why he thinks he needs to take all of his pistols to the range everything time is beyond me but when you have every Friday off... :)

Anybody have a large range bag they like?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Large Range Bag
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
I got this one from Midway and I'm quite happy with it.  I've seen a lot of other shooters with them too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689/midwayusa-competition-range-bag?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 05:22:53 AM »
I got this one from Midway and I'm quite happy with it.  I've seen a lot of other shooters with them too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689/midwayusa-competition-range-bag?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Fly

I am one of the other shooters that use this and it is excellent. 

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 07:43:16 AM »
I use other products of these guys, and excellent quality.  BTW my range bag is the Bass Pro Red Head (the largest one).

This holds up to 6 firearms.

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/product_p/tgp-085.htm

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 11:48:32 AM »
The strap on my MidwayUSA large range bag did not hold up to the bag's carrying capacity.  In my opinion, the MidwayUSA bags are cheap - as in not all that well made and relatively inexpensive (to other, well-made bags).

If you want a bag that will haul more than you can carry, check out Veto Pro Pac.  They're not specifically made for the range (they're made for tools) but you cannot beat the quality and features.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
The strap on my MidwayUSA large range bag did not hold up to the bag's carrying capacity.  In my opinion, the MidwayUSA bags are cheap - as in not all that well made and relatively inexpensive (to other, well-made bags).

That is a fair assessment.  I have never really used the shoulder strap.  Having that kind of weight hang off of one shoulder gives me, literally, a pain in the neck.  I have always used the carry handles which have supported weights that were pretty darn heavy for me, and I'm a fairly strong short guy.

As Mud has said, it is a less expensive bag and not made as well as others that would hold up all the way through a Zombie apocalypse.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:12 PM »
That is a fair assessment.  I have never really used the shoulder strap.  Having that kind of weight hang off of one shoulder gives me, literally, a pain in the neck.  I have always used the carry handles which have supported weights that were pretty darn heavy for me, and I'm a fairly strong short guy.

As Mud has said, it is a less expensive bag and not made as well as others that would hold up all the way through a Zombie apocalypse.

Fly

Yup.  I have the large and the medium and both have threads coming un-stitched, Velcro that is coming loose and zippers that have gotten stubborn about closing.  They're inexpensive but I wouldn't give them as a gift ... to anyone I cared about.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
Thanks guys! I have a feeling the Midway bag will be the winner though he is a big Bass Pro guy so he might bite on that one if she gets him a gift card up there then he can decide for himself!

Thanks for the input.
http://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-Handgunner-Backpack-Digital-Camo/dp/B00CQ8DBDW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417439435&sr=8-3&keywords=gps+range+bag

I really like this but I cant  see him using it nessearly and they are out of stock currently. But very neat.