< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA is on Twitter....  (Read 3278 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NFOA is on Twitter....
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 12:09:31 AM »
I think #NFOAproud is my favorite so far.....I also like #NFOAinthewild but it seems kind of long....I don't know, it's only a few more letters?

We could always experiment with one & change it up before we get to be 'too big time'...

I will try to find more pics....OR better yet I will get out there & create some new ones!

The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 12:26:44 AM »
I will try to find more pics....OR better yet I will get out there & create some new ones!

everyone should get out there and spread the word!!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
Can someone explain to this old guy what the #whatever actually does?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
Those are hash tags. When everyone uses the same hash tag in their posts/tweets, it makes it easier to search for all of the posts related to that subject.

It's like giving your post a category someone can look up later.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 11:39:21 AM »
Those are hash tags. When everyone uses the same hash tag in their posts/tweets, it makes it easier to search for all of the posts related to that subject.

It's like giving your post a category someone can look up later.

How would someone know to look it up? 
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 11:41:27 AM »
They would click on it in your post to see similarly categorized posts. You can search for it if you know it exists, but more commonly someone will see a post with the hash tag in it and click on it to view the other posts categorized the same.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 11:43:34 AM »
Ok, thanks. I have a Twitter account, but only use it to keep track of my Daughter's tweets.   :laugh:

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 05:53:19 PM »
is the Twitter working?  i posted a few things on Twitter then checked the forums a few minutes later.  Is there a way we can check and see if Twitter has been generating traffic for us?

oh and i'm still wanting to get pics for NFOA members wearing or showing off the NFOA pride.  PM them to me.  i can edit them if you want me to, which i might do anyways.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »
I haven't seen anything come across in a few days.
Maybe I better check that i'm logged in.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 08:11:59 PM »
when I look I see several tweets and retweets, but I have a dumb phone so I must view on a pc
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 07:20:52 PM »
The first NFOA member photo submission is up. i'm always looking for more (hint, hint)!  now get out there and be active and support the NFOA (and its twitter page)!

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 01:12:55 PM »
The NFOAs twitter page has its first antigun follower. Calling out and saying we want drunk drivers with guns, which was screen grabbed from facebook. Sounds horrible, but not what we're suggesting.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 09:22:51 PM »
The NFOAs twitter page has its first antigun follower. Calling out and saying we want drunk drivers with guns, which was screen grabbed from facebook. Sounds horrible, but not what we're suggesting.

yes...that was interesting!  the is the same group that will dance of graves to get their point across & they do Not care about facts!   Obviously someone who is Anti-Rights locally is already following our facebook feed & forwarded them that Info...

The post said "Did You Know... that it is UnLawful to possess ANY FIREARM within the city limits of Lincoln if you have been convicted of two D.U.I.'s within the last Ten Years??? It is also against Lincoln's UnConstitutional set of laws to be in possession of a firearm if you have been convicted of such heinous misdemeanors as trespassing, resisting arrest, Or use of explosives without a permit! LB-289 as introduced by Senator Ebke would put an end to Lincoln's 30+ violations that can make you a 'Prohibited Person' in the eyes of the city of Lincoln Nebraska! CALL the 8 Judiciary Committee Members Today & tell them that Nebraska Wants LB-289!"

So yes.... I do believe that people who are allowed to own guns as far as the state & feds are concerned should also be able to own or possess them in Lincoln...  regardless of what the charge is!  They sure twisted the context but I still stand by the idea that the Lincoln City Council that approved all of that B.S. is NOT the "2nd Amendment decision board" & has clearly over stepped their boundaries....Time to reign in the rogue cities...#LB-289

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »
for reference...here is what the Coalition To Stop Gun Violence turned that into..

"@NFOA_Official wants drunk drivers & those who make explosives w/o a permit to be able to carry guns in #Lincoln #NE"

Well Yeah....   I dont want people to carry guns while drinking & driving but I dont feel that stripping someone of a Constitutional Right should be taken so lightly...

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 10:44:07 PM »
This will probably be an unpopular statement but here goes...  The NFOA kind of threw them a softball with that tweet and of course they "twisted the context" and knocked it out of the park.

You have to be very careful with microblogging because you only get a few words to make a point.  If you're delving into a complex or nuanced discussion, you're better off with a full length blog. There are few behaviors more disgusting or inexcusable than driving while intoxicated, though resisting arrest is also pretty sick. Saying anything remotely sympathetic toward people with such criminal histories was a tactical blunder.

Surely there are loads of other more nonsensical city laws on the books that would have been much better examples. Didn't I read about one here lately that makes me a criminal if I take my kid to the range and leave the .22 rifles in the trunk of the car overnight? (Don't recall the specifics but it was something about leaving leaving a weapon in a vehicle over a certain amount of time.)  You'd be better off using examples that make ordinary, law-abiding people realize that they can accidentally run afoul of the law because Lincoln and Omaha have had the audacity to put themselves above the state constitution.

Just my two cents.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »
just for the record, that was a facebook post that was screenshot and then posted on twitter.  i wonder why they didn't spread it on facebook too?  maybe it was, but i don't follow those pages.  that tweet had a few retweets and a few likes.  nothing special.