< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Grand Island, NE gun show Oct 24th and 25th, need help at NFOA table.  (Read 2068 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Same old song, I will have a table there signing up new members and doing a fundraiser there, I need at least one volunteer to help out. You will get in free for the show, and I can't do it alone. If you can help for the morning or afternoon on either day, I need to know. If you want to help both days, that would be great. 2 volunteers would help out greatly. At times, the aisles are packed, depending on the football game and church. Last show, Rick and I signed up 162 members, this show should be close to that figure. If someone wants to come out from Lincoln or Omaha, we can split a motel room.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

A-FIXER

Re: Grand Island, NE gun show Oct 24th and 25th, need help at NFOA table.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »
Littrat, I'll be able to help out on saturday.... pm me with the details

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:15:57 AM »
Scott, I can help out either sat all day or sun all day. Just let me know!!   Also, Fluff is checking his schedule and may also be available! He's supposed to send you an email to confirm!      Thanks! B.
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
Whatever works for you. Did you get a table? We could set up with the NFOA table between us.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 06:52:04 PM »
I can work BOTH days if you need me! No, I'm not getting a table at the Gun Show-Thought I'd take the weekend and do my part to helpout NFOA!      Let me know what time you want me there and I'll be there!             

Urge all NFOA members to sign at least 1 NEW member and the membership number will double!! Let's get those members!!!!!!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
Be there at 8:30 saturday morning.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:14:15 PM »
You got it! I'll be there!!     Thanks Lil Rat!

Is FarmerRick going to be there or did he NOT survive Hastings?   Saw him Sunday A.M. and he looked pretty rough-WOW! Those hotel room floors must be nasty to sleep on!!!

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 07:41:47 PM »
Rumor has it Rick has a parade to attend in Florida that weekend. Something about "happy days." I will post some pics as he sends them to us. >:D

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 08:49:56 PM »
I don't know if he was experiencing "happy days" in Hastings or not!   Hope to see those pictures!  I bet they'll be good!! >:D

I'll be sure and bring my lawn chair to GI. Thanks for the email-will see you there!

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 10:26:26 PM »
Looks like we will have plenty of help at GI, thanks to everyone who has volunteered. The rest of you, stop by the table and say hello, and buy some raffle tickets, please.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »
We had a good turn out at the show, signed up 83 new members, got $20 in donations, and sold a few tickets.

Thanks a bunch to A-Fixer, Glock1, Fluff and Jason for doing an excellent job at recruiting and sales. It really helps having some dedicated members willing to help carry the load when it comes to recruiting and raffle sales. You don't know how much I appreciated the help from you guys.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 06:05:22 AM »
Hey Everyone!!  I urge everyone at some point and time to volunteer to help recruit at an upcoming event!!  Lil' Rat works his butt off to help the NFOA.  I have been in many organizations where a dozen people do all the work and the rest sit back along for the ride!!   Get involved!!!

Just a note-helping at the Gun Show in G.I. was fun!!  Any of you ever get to meet A-fixer, he's cool and great to visit with.  He worked on Saturday and I was impressed with his professionalism in the way he addressed people.  We visited all day Saturday about guns, ammo, Husker Football(uugghh), and Harleys!!

Getting involved will allow each NFOA member to grow the NFOA and meet some of the members face-to-face so you know them besides a username on a screen.

Thanks again to Scott for all of his hard work!!

A-FIXER

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »
I would like to thank, Litlrat,Glock 1, and the others WOW.... you know your a part of something really good when you are able to help out good members,...... I mean Great members.... by helping out in the recruiting of new nebraskan's for the protection of our choice and right to have and own firearms. I do say again it was awesome to know and meet personally Scott, Brian... and the others while working the gunshow at G.I., and thank you guys and gals and Scotts beautiful friend for bring the doughnuts to us to enjoy.... I do and will look forward to help out again soon.... again thanks for all the terrific effort you directors and staff have done to create such a Good and Proper thing in this fourm and huge undertaking of keeping us the members and nonmembers informed and aware of the things those people would rather remove from us KEEP US STRONG...... FOR OUR FAMILIES AND OUR COUNTRY......
A-fixer.