< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: KS student suspended for empty shell casing.  (Read 1098 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
KS student suspended for empty shell casing.
« on: December 16, 2014, 06:13:44 PM »
http://www.westernjournalism.com/student-brings-empty-casing-to-school-gets-threatened-with-168-day-suspension/#LDfrrZrLf2FWPJoB.97

The school took something he was proud of and demonized it.   :angry:

I spoke with KSRA President Patricia Stoneking this morning.  She is NOT letting go of this!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
Re: KS student suspended for empty shell casing.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »
Prepare for the statement from the District stating that adherence to "Policy" is why they were forced to abandon common sense or any semblance of judgment.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »
Way too many liberals in education and not enough common sense. Zero tolerance must go! How about replacing zero tolerance with gun safety, oh wait that would make sense.

I remember after Newtown,  I was working in the shop and listening to our local open line program on the radio, the lady that runs the toy box for underprivileged kids said she took all the toy guns out of the gifts and destroyed them, this is the kind of complete stupidity and lack of common sense we are up against.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:34:39 AM »
Prepare for the statement from the District stating that adherence to "Policy" is why they were forced to abandon common sense or any semblance of judgment.
When they make a statement like that, as they so often do, patriots need to ask them what the origin of that policy is.  Are the ones who claim policy as their reason the origin of that policy?  Or did it come from the school board, and if so, which members?  Patriots can mount a campaign to get liberal ideologues off the board and replace them with loyal Americans.  Few vote in local elections, so a concentrated effort might do some good.  I'd like to know how much of that kind of policy comes from our big brother in Washington; that would show us the importance in getting the federal government out of education.

I just recently got my annual extortion demand from the county: over $4000, and a high percent of that goes to the indoctrination centers called public schools.  If we are forced to pay for education, we should be able to have a say so in how it is done.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:31 AM »
A better article from the local paper.
http://www.chanute.com/news/article_be4861c0-80c5-11e4-9433-0b2d9486f3e8.html

The letter from KSRA, you move Mr. School man:

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
Great letter.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
The administrator should be made to explain the "danger" of a spent casing.  There is none, but it would expose his personal bias.  Had the boy brought a used condom to school he would probably have been praised. 

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »
That letter pretty much hits the nail on the head. The actions of the administrator go beyond any safety rules to trying to control the kid's thoughts on what is appropriate. It is not a firearm. It is not a loaded cartridge. It is not explosive. It's a brass tube that once was part of a cartridge and the administrator got his panties in a bunch because of what it represented rather than what it was. That's unacceptable.

My kid recently used old wine corks as part of a science experiment that he was supposed to build at home and bring in to class. Who cares? Nobody did thankfully, because I would come unglued if an administrator tried to liken that to bringing wine to school.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:04:05 PM by feralcatkillr »
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »
In case anyone would like to send Principal Wheeler an e-mail: wheelerg@usd413.org

(His e-mail address is a matter of public record - published on the school district's website.)

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 06:36:59 PM »
Just remember to be civil. There are now reports of threatening emails that have been forwarded to police. GUH!

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »
I sent a "civil" messeage of disapointment and lack of good judgement on Gary's part.
I suggested he resign his position or is hopefully terminated for imposing fear on mother and child.  Maybe a little tepidation in his life could better adjust his view towards his function in education of children.
Although I personally would be better satisfied with his termination.