< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: As an Auburn Alum, Never Thought......  (Read 777 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
As an Auburn Alum, Never Thought......
« on: December 24, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »
I'd be in harmony with anything from 'Bama...........

But (news item):

=================================================
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama --
Students in the UAB School of Nursing wrote to the Faculty Senate Friday calling for a vote of no confidence in university President Ray Watts after the elimination this week of football, rifle and bowling programs.

How's about them Nursing Students!! 

('Course, it was the Birmingham Campus and not the main Tuscaloosa campus.)

But still

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Re: As an Auburn Alum, Never Thought......
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »
lets be honest, you can see some liberal nurse world saver A-hole's making a stink about rifle, but they lose all credibility by throwing football into the mix.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 09:14:28 AM »
I'd be in harmony with anything from 'Bama...........

But (news item):

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama --
Students in the UAB School of Nursing wrote to the Faculty Senate Friday calling for a vote of no confidence in university President Ray Watts after the elimination this week of football, rifle and bowling programs.

How's about them Nursing Students!! 

('Course, it was the Birmingham Campus and not the main Tuscaloosa campus.)

But still

sfg

I don't know if I ever heard that you were an Auburn alumnus. I graduated from Auburn in 2004. War Eagle!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
I graduated from Auburn in 2004. War Eagle!

Well........War Dam' Eagle! right back to you.

When I was at Auburn, it was actually Alabama Polytechnic Institute.  Yup.   Good Ole API!  Shug Jordan was football coach.  Toomer's Corner was the Crossroads of the World.  Freshmen guys wore freshman beanies.  Freshmen girls had to be back locked up in their dorms at 7:30pm during the week.   And the lathe at Samford Hall turned often because there were actual virgins on the campus back then.   Otis Samford Moreman was my roommate.  A fierce student riot occurred on the Auburn campus because a black woman, Autherine Lucy, tried to enroll at 'Bama.  Figure out that one...............  Times were quite different then from now.

My Beta Lambda chapter of TKE was the pits of frat row.   (It later became #1 chapter in all of TEKE-dom.)  Guess I had to leave the Loveliest Village to make it happen.  Oh, yes:  Auburn also won the national football championship the year after I left.   I was a heavy drag on the system, apparently. 

And Carl Mundy, Auburn '57, went on to become Commandant of the Marine Corps.  You'da never picked mild-mannered Carl Mundy for that job.   Go figger.

Beat 'Bama!!    And all those other hard-nosed SEC teams.

sfg
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:08:23 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer