Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Shotguns

Home Defense - Budget Shotguns - which one?

<< < (4/4)

bkoenig:

--- Quote from: zofoman on December 30, 2014, 05:46:13 PM ---Hadn't thought about those...can't say that I've seen them available.

That is the real reason I was looking at "tactical-something-or other" just to have an overall shortened shottie that can be stored in a variety of locations & not take up much room.  I'm not a fan of the pistol grip only like UNFY mentioned as well.    Like I said in my original post, I have multiple long barreled shotguns already in various ga. (including a couple 870's)...but, being so overly long, they aren't as easy to manouver in close quarters like an AR15.  Secondarily, I wanted something the wife could use and simply point in a general direction without specific aiming.

I don't do Facebook, nor do I twit, tweet or twat....email, texts and forums like this are about as social as I care to get.   ;)

--- End quote ---

If this is for your wife, have you considered getting her training on an AR?  Honestly, it's a much better self defense weapon.  Less recoil, easier to maneuver, and a 55gr bullet will actually penetrate less through interior walls than 00 Buck.  Plus, at home defense distances you have to aim a shotgun just as much as an AR.  Neither one will hit the target unless you actually aim it.

I don't think a shotgun is bad, but if I had time to grab a long gun in a home defense situation an AR would be my first choice.  I think the big advantage of a shotgun is that they're cheap and many more people are already familiar with them.

Dan W:
Have you thought about just getting a short barrel for one of your existing 870's?

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?newcategorydimensionid=18180

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version