Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Shotguns

Home Defense - Budget Shotguns - which one?

<< < (2/4) > >>

unfy:
I was happy with my Mossberg 500A Persuader.  Pump 12.  Pistol grip only.  Was one of the firearms stolen in the burglary ._.

In the apartment they were taken from - I had specifically chosen pistol grip only with an 18.5" barrel so that it was easier to fit through the narrow doorways of that place.

Would I suggest pistol grip only for a normal place ? No.  PGO takes time to learn how to shoot - and I have a scar from a split lip as a testament :D

I loved that shotty though.

bkoenig:

--- Quote from: shooter on December 26, 2014, 01:40:46 PM ---  look around you can find a good 870 Remington for $250, if you have to get a long barrel, and cut it down.  I don't think there is a better shotgun, I own several of them m used them in 3 gun matches and never had a bit of trouble,

--- End quote ---

That would be my choice also.

jonm:
Winchester sxp. iirc, guns unlimited had them for around $250. It's way smoother than any 870, 590, 500, or Nova/Supernova I've used.

Thanke:
Remington 870 Compact 20 gauge
13" LOP and 21" ribbed barrel
Add a mag extension just in case
Wife likes the shorter LOP & I can manage
I want to say it is under $350? does that sound right?

zofoman:
Thanks for the good input & suggestions.  Having done more research, I'm now leaning toward picking up an old/used 870, cutting the barrel down to 18.5, adding some form of sight, and putting on a modern tactical stock, grip & forearm.  Brownells has a ZOMBIE HUNTER KICKLITE TACTICAL STOCK for $80.   I sort of cringe at the thought of taking a perfectly good long barrel and chopping it down though.   Looks like I'll be at the Lincoln gun show later this month scrounging for bargain table beauties.  A Win 1200/1300 would work too.   

Looking at the new budget priced models out there most all are either made in Turkey or China....some with old traditional manufacturer names (total blasphemy).    I have a hard time knowingly buying anything made in China.  Turkish weapons on the other hand, from what I hear, are fairly decent.  Can't beat US made though, even if its old.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version