General Categories > Firearms Training and Education

Fundamental Gun Handling Videos, Part I: The Draw

(1/5) > >>

JTH:
We've decided (we meaning Precision Response Training) to put up a series of short videos on various fundamental gun-handling skills--and more precisely, some of the common errors that are often seen regarding those skills, and what "fixes" said errors.

The first one we chose to talk about was the draw, specifically how many people perform fishing draws or bowling draws, and how NOT to do that.

The video isn't intended to be an instructional treatise on how to draw properly, merely a commentary on a common fundamental error that occurs frequently with that particular skill--and how to fix it. 

https://precisionresponse.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/fundamental-gun-handling-videos-part-i-the-draw/

Over time (hopefully every couple of weeks) we'll put up another video about a different fundamental skills, with some simple fixes to common errors.

(If anyone has a particular gun-handling skill they want us to comment on, let us know!)

farmerbob:
How about the mysteries of the consistent and proper trigger pull.....squeeze...press???

JTH:

--- Quote from: farmerbob on January 08, 2015, 11:52:33 AM ---How about the mysteries of the consistent and proper trigger pull.....squeeze...press???

--- End quote ---

(It's on the list.  :) )

farmerbob:
I must say that was a very well put together and informative video, I didn't realize how much fishing and bowling I had been doing. Two thumbs up!!! :D

David Hineline:
As IPSC and IDPA RO/SO  the number of people that can not clear a live weapon at the end of shooting without either putting part of their hand in front of the muzzle or covering up the ejection port with their hand so I can't see what is going on. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version