< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fundamental Gun Handling Videos, Part I: The Draw  (Read 7464 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Fundamental Gun Handling Videos, Part I: The Draw
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 05:57:57 AM »
That's not fast, this is fast. :o

Yep---the two-balloon thing he does starting at 2:52 or so is my favorite trick of his.  (Out of many, many cool things he'd done over the years.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 12:50:03 AM »
Competition guns often have extended ejectors to get the empty out of the port as soon as possible. If a gun jams up and the slide is being racked while the ejection port is covered the round could be crooked in there and the ejector could hit the primer.  Anything bad that happens is going to come out of either the muzzle or the ejection port.  I see no need to put human flesh in any of those two danger zones.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »
Competition guns often have extended ejectors to get the empty out of the port as soon as possible. If a gun jams up and the slide is being racked while the ejection port is covered the round could be crooked in there and the ejector could hit the primer.  Anything bad that happens is going to come out of either the muzzle or the ejection port.  I see no need to put human flesh in any of those two danger zones.

Ah.  My point was merely that from an RO/SO perspective, one of those is against the rules and the other isn't.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com