< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: cans of food now considered weapons  (Read 2267 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
Re: cans of food now considered weapons
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 10:38:28 AM »
The flip side, from a teacher's perspective...All I get are my teacher scissors.....
  I'm curious....what is the school ruling for keeping an aerosal can of bug spray close by/on your desk?   I'm talking about the large cans of wasp/hornet spray that can reach out 20ft or so in a stream with potentially nasty results for the receiver end of things.  A load of that stuff in the eyes, nose, mouth or facial area could be enough to slow/deter a threat until you can get to the tactical scissors.  Seriously, that is some nasty stuff. :P
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 10:39:50 AM »
So not putting an armed responder in place is a betrayal of our children, and those who fight against such a responder being in place are in effect accessories to anything that happens because of the inability of the school to protect the children in their care.

NOT having armed security at schools, making them vulnerable to crazies (20 of the last 23 school shootings were by people just off their psycho drugs and coming off those drugs quickly creates paranoia and suicide feelings), plays into the meme of the Leftists and their attacks on the 2nd Amendment.   Without an armed population control by the government is a lot easier, but protection of the public is no better and may be worse.   The only people with weapons in Europe are the Muslims.  With the police and non-Muslims afraid to go into Muslim controlled areas of their country.  France has 750 "ZUS" or no-go zones, with about a dozen in Paris.  The same has occurred in England, where the British parliament has given control of zones in England to Muslims and Sharia Law.   The Muslims are smuggling arms into their miniature caliphates but the native English citizens have extremely limited access to firearms.  So strict that the English Olympic shooting team has to practice outside their country.

BTW, it's not hard to notice that while the Hollywood elite decry personal gun ownership they all have armed body guards.  Our elected officials in Washington send their children to elite schools that have armed security as well.   They speak with a forked tongue.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
 my grandkids are all in grade school, Id sure give my time to set in the school in case something happened, Id even use a suppressor so as not to disturb the children!
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 07:04:11 PM »
  I'm curious....what is the school ruling for keeping an aerosal can of bug spray close by/on your desk?   I'm talking about the large cans of wasp/hornet spray that can reach out 20ft or so in a stream with potentially nasty results for the receiver end of things.  A load of that stuff in the eyes, nose, mouth or facial area could be enough to slow/deter a threat until you can get to the tactical scissors.  Seriously, that is some nasty stuff. :P

The custodial staff can't even bait trap for mice and they will rarely, if ever, spray for bugs so I'm pretty confident that bug spray would be a no-no.  However, and thIs is only true for LPS, teachers can have OC spray in normal, self defense amounts.  I carry a keychain sized canister all the time.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »
Here is the source article.  http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/living/feat-students-canned-goods-stop-school-shooters/

Is no state senator trying again to get teachers the ability to CCW again this year?? We need good people like HuskerXDM to be able to protect our kids.

Thank you, and I agree... If even 5-10% of a school staff would choose to be armed it would be a powerful deterrent. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.