< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Constitutional Convention  (Read 1169 times)

Offline buppey

• NFOA Full Member
Constitutional Convention
« on: May 07, 2015, 03:16:07 PM »
It is my understanding that L.B 35, regarding a state constitutional convention, has been introduced in the NE Legislation.  I don't know if many people are aware of this, but this is the worst thing that could happen within a state.  There are many self interest groups working behind the scenes to try to get this to happen, but what it could do is end up shredding the great constitution we now have that was written by our forefathers.  I won't go into a lot of detail here, but if anyone would like more information, I would be glad to send an email outlining the problems with such a convention.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Constitutional Convention
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »
If it does take place, we need to make sure patriots have an overwhelming presence at it.  Maybe we could ad an amendment making liberalism a felony. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 04:24:46 PM »
I checked LB 35 of the current session and it has nothing to do with a Constitutional Convention. Perhaps your information is no longer current?

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »
I don't know if many people are aware of this, but this is the worst thing that could happen within a state.
Agreed. Whatever the flaws in the Constitution we have now, it is better than that of any other country. Remember that it was written by people who had just won a bitter war to expel an overbearing foreign government. One of their top priorities was to make it as difficult as possible for the new government to morph into one just as bad. Many of the parties contributing to another constitutional convention would want to change the Constitution to resemble those of other countries. One of their top priorities would be radical surgery on the Bill of Rights, especially the Second Amendment.

Offline buppey

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 09:46:31 AM »
My mistake.  I should have typed LR 35, but for some reason, (Senior moment, perhaps) typed LB 35.