< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Papillion Homeowner Warns Burglar With A Unique Sound  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
Papillion Homeowner Warns Burglar With A Unique Sound
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:13:15 PM »
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Homeowner-Warns-Burglar-With-A-Unique-Sound-288766351.html?device=tablet&c=y

Do You Have Any Information?

Call Sarpy County Crime Stoppers at 402 592-STOP.
Or use the link on our Crime Stoppers page.
A relaxing Saturday afternoon turns frightening for a Papillion couple. But quick thinking saved them from a dangerous confrontation and provided police with an important clue.

Sandy and Jamie heard a startling noise in the kitchen downstairs.

Sandy said, "It was loud and it was crash."

Jamie responded with a sound of his own. ”Click, click." That stopped a burglar in his tracks.

Jamie said, ”I think most people, if they knew what that sound is and they tried to break in, would not stick around very long."

But Jamie made sure with a verbal warning. He yelled at the burglar, saying, "'I have a gun. Don't even think about coming in here.'"

Jamie says he never pointed his gun at the burglar, who first tried to pry open the front door then a basement window before breaking into the kitchen.

Still shaken, the couple asked that their last name and address not be reported.

Sandy said, ”I cannot tell you how unusual it is to feel frightened in your own home in the middle of the day."

But Jamie says mentally, he prepared for the day he might face an intruder. “I take owning a gun very seriously. The last thing I want to do is use it on someone."

After hearing breaking glass, Sandy called 911 and before getting his gun Jamie also grabbed a cell phone to snap a photo of the suspect's car parked on the street. Tape on the windshield indicates it had recently been replaced - a clue the couple hopes will lead to the burglar stopped by a warning sound.

Papillion Police say the photo can't be enhanced enough to clearly show license plate number. So if anyone recognizes the car with a new windshield call Sarpy County Crimestoppers at 402-592-STOP.

Jamie describes the suspect as in his early twenties and wearing a plaid jacket over a gray hoodie.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Papillion Homeowner Warns Burglar With A Unique Sound
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »
Click-Click- Awe POOP!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:19:16 PM »
Somebody attended J. Biden Defense Academy .... ugh .....

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:56 AM »
I really don't see watt he did wrong.  Called 911, was a good witness.  Burglary averted, no shots fired, no body died.  Ant that the best case scenario.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 10:39:12 AM »
The sound of racking a shotgun ....  :)