< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Just a Random Question ??  (Read 1819 times)

Offline jayfury007

• Forum Member
Just a Random Question ??
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »
If I were to see someone getting the Crap kicked of of them by a guy with a bat or a group of guys beating up a dude and kicking the crap out of him and not letting up  me being a firearms owner can I interject  with my fire arm  I am still learning so I ask any info would help thank you

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Just a Random Question ??
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »
Do you know the details of the situation?  Maybe that guy getting beat up just tried to rob or rape someone and the person hitting them is defending themself.  I would be very hesitant getting involved unless I know exactly what's going on.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 10:56:15 AM »
In a situation where I do not know the details, I would stay back, notify law enforcement of an assault in progress, and inform the individuals that LEOs are en route. Personally, (I am not a lawyer nor a LEO, just my opinion) my firearm isn't coming out unless I see true potential of mortal harm, and in that case they are both sitting on their hands until LEO's arrive.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »
In a situation where I do not know the details, I would stay back, notify law enforcement of an assault in progress, and inform the individuals that LEOs are en route. Personally, (I am not a lawyer nor a LEO, just my opinion) my firearm isn't coming out unless I see true potential of mortal harm, and in that case they are both sitting on their hands until LEO's arrive.

This. Break up the fight if you have to and can do so without escalating, but you don't know who the good guys or bad guys are.

There's a video by Nutnfancy where he's going through a pistol scenario training course. It has some kind of Nintendo light-gun thing and a projection screen where the scenario is playing out. He failed one of them because he enters a restaurant and sees a guy holding someone in a chokehold and at gunpoint. The gunman refuses to stand down, so he shoots the gunman, and the "hostage" immediately pulls a gun, shoots Nutnfancy, and starts shooting others.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 12:58:18 PM »
You may find yourself in a situation of "STUPID" like this guy ....

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/01/20/shopper-tackles-man-with-gun-at-wal-mart/22067325/

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 01:11:06 PM »
Chances are very slim that I would ever draw my gun in defense of anyone other than family or friends.
Once you do, your life changes... forever.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.