< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: wow they try so hard to knock Dick Clark and the NFOA  (Read 1854 times)

Offline jayfury007

• Forum Member
wow they try so hard to knock Dick Clark and the NFOA
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:55:11 PM »

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
Re: wow they try so hard to knock Dick Clark and the NFOA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »
Link doesn't work..."Content Not Available"

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:26:06 PM »
thats the live link.  its dead since the meeting is over.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »
Where is the transcript?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
When Ernie started quoting scripture, I looked over at Rod with a giggle and a "This is gonna get GOOD!"  I was sad when it ended so soon. ;)

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »
Where is the transcript?
I'm not sure how soon after the hearings the transcripts get posted.

Once they are posted you can look up the specific bill of interest and along the right hand side there is a link to "related transcripts".

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »
Dick is quick on his feet, but I will say our Rod held his own today, too. Our Legislative Team has really put in the work this year, getting legislative ideas to senators and getting bills drafted.  We were kinda thrown off by the new committee scheduling a gun bills day so early in the session (historically, they were held off till later in the session and mixed with other, non related bills that made for a LOOONG day)  But Rod, Dick, and Brian had plans of attack figured out early on in the process, it was simply a matter of putting it all on paper/ into words.  KUDOS guys!
I will also say that the NFOA folks came off alot more prepared and RELEVANT  than the Opposeitall Moms- sure they had statistics , but most of the time they were not relevant to the bill or obviously skewed, but mentioned in an effort to entice some emotion. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 08:18:58 AM »
http://www.omaha.com/news/legislature/gun-permits-to-protect-private-schools-spur-debate-during-legislative/article_9c786686-1ae4-5a32-af1f-ba9799de1fb8.html

Dick Clark, a member of the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association, said he serves on an armed security team at a Lincoln Baptist church. He said he or other members of his team could save lives if the unthinkable happened. Clark, a lawyer, pointed out that banks are allowed to provide armed security.
“If we have an exception to protect money at banks, we should have an exception to protect children at school,” he said.
Chambers questioned the faith of Clark and Rod Moeller, also a member of the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association, who said he is a churchgoer. The senator asked why they didn’t think God would protect them from the calamity of violence.
“We can bury our heads in the sand and pretend danger doesn’t exist or we can seek knowledge and training,” Moeller said.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 08:30:51 AM »
WHOA! Smack me silly!  Is it just me, or was that about as fair/ balanced bit of reporting ever seen from OWH?

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »
Why is Senator Chambers asking folks about God's protection?  Didn't the man try to sue God a few years back?   

Chambers is a prime example of a fine mind overcome by anger and hate. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »
I taped the audio of the entire hearing and you can download it here:

Audio for the entire hearing on January 22, 2015 including LB60, LB137, LB190, LB184:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvuyeejyig4db9j/2015-01-22%20LB%2060%20137%20190%20184.mp3?dl=0