< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What's wrong with this picture?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
What's wrong with this picture?
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:28:37 PM »

I'm sure this absurdity has been discussed before, but I want to ask anyway: who is responsible for this?  And is there any way that person or people could be removed from office and replaced by political action? 

I don't know if the picture is showing up, but if it isn't, it shows the no guns sign at the entrance to the gun show.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:18:48 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: What's wrong with this picture?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 02:39:31 PM »
I think this has been brought up before.  IRC, it has something to do with insurance the show promoter is required to have.  Not that I agree >:D
At least it is prominently posted instead of hidden away somewhere.  Some shows are posted, some aren't :o

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »
From Rock Creek Renegade's Vendor information PDF: http://nebula.wsimg.com/9f1ec5c52f9df86634403fb7dd9f0d5b?AccessKeyId=FA30BCE6590170F2E30D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

To qualify for and comply with our (very expensive) Gun Show insurance purchased through the NRA:
* ALL firearms MUST be unloaded and tied to prevent loading and firing – will be checked at the door.
* ALL ammunition MUST be in sealed containers.
* No open carry – No concealed carry – no loaded firearms -- except by Law Enforcement persons.
* No alcohol
* No black powder displayed or sold
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Pretty sure the event center "belongs" to Lancaster County, and I am fairly certain Lancaster county bans CC on county owned properties..

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:22:01 AM »
Pretty sure the event center "belongs" to Lancaster County, and I am fairly certain Lancaster county bans CC on county owned properties..

From what I've heard, the facility is normally not posted. The owner, Lancaster Co. Ag. Society is supposedly a non-profit org.

http://www.lancastereventcenter.com/contact_us.html

The Lancaster Event Center is owned by the Lancaster County Agricultural Society.

The Board of Directors oversee the facility. Professional management runs the day to day operations of the facility and all scheduling.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about shows or the facility.

Please call or email us to set up a time to meet about your event needs or questions.
(Note that walk-in visitors may not always be able to be attended due to event activity.)

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 29167
Lincoln, Ne. 68529

Phone: 402-441-6545
Fax: 402-441-6046
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:42:49 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:38 AM »
Somehow it just seems wrong.  Absurdly wrong.  Guns and ammo all over the place but those with a license to exercise our right to bear arms are barred from doing so.  If it's caused by the insurance company maybe a different insurance company could be found.  It's not my show so it's not my call; I'm just making suggestions.  I'm wondering if Second Call Defense might offer insurance, or know of a gun friendly insurance company.  Interesting that insurance that the NRA is involved with would not allow concealed carry.  And if the insurance is so expensive, is that based in things that have happened at gun shows?  I thought they were pretty safe.     
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:19:39 AM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »
I am fairly certain Lancaster county bans CC on county owned properties..

You would be incorrect regarding the Event Center (outside of a Gun Show going on) .... certainly NOT posted "conspicuously".

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
Most of the larger gun shows I've been to in NE are posted as not allowing concealed carry including Fremont, Lincoln, Hastings, and I believe Grand Island(been a while).

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:14 PM »
Columbus Ag Park, where the Columbus Fun Show is held, does not allow CC.  It is posted.  I have OC'ed there many times, which seems to make the club officers uncomfortable, so I don't anymore. 

However, vendors can OC with no issues. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »
To qualify for and comply with our (very expensive) Gun Show insurance purchased through the NRA:
* ALL firearms MUST be unloaded and tied to prevent loading and firing – will be checked at the door.
* ALL ammunition MUST be in sealed containers.
* No open carry – No concealed carry – no loaded firearms -- except by Law Enforcement persons.
* No alcohol
* No black powder displayed or sold

If the NRA is acting as an agent for an insurance company that demands that events it insures forbid the bearing of arms, let's hope our adversaries don't find out about it, because it as much as says that the NRA agrees that so-called gun free zones are safer.  I'd be interested in knowing why the NRA chose that insurance, and if there are any other viable options.