< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Any word on reciprocity?  (Read 2082 times)

Offline wrenrj1

• NFOA Full Member
Any word on reciprocity?
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:14:30 PM »
I've been preoccupied with H1N1.  Any word on reciprocity with other states?  Not what states can carry in NE, but where NE CCW holders can carry.  Is there any effort on behalf of all of us to get reciprocity with other states?  Who's responsibility is it to do so?  I'm not thinking that our state would make the effort to do so as it would cost $ in personnel to do so.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Any word on reciprocity?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:10:23 PM »
Nebraska permits were already accepted in many states, and the recent changes to the law did not have much effect, except in the case of states like Colorado, that have a requirement for their permit to be accepted in a state before they will reciprocate.

Nebraska and Colorado just got the agreement finalized last week.

The Colorado Bureau of investigation website now reflects that change

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:37:22 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline wrenrj1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »
Dan, can a list of states that accept Nebraska's permit be put together?  Or is there a national site that pulls this info. together for all of us to consume.  Are Kansas and Missouri reciprocity states?  Going there next week, thought I'd ask.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:58:26 PM »
Have you looked at   http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »
Wren, you are good to go in Kansas and Missouri, but I would definitely check the handgunlaw.us link to familiarize yourself with the nuances of the statutes in those states
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline wrenrj1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:19:40 PM »
Thanks Dan, just what I was looking for.  Hopefully in my lifetime all the states will get this worked out.  Additionally, who designed the interstate system to make the quickest route to Kansas through four states! ;D  Going to Overland Park, KS for a few days tomorrow.  I bookmarked the website.  Thanks again.

Russ

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:30:28 PM »
One point to remember in Iowa...no open carry is allowed in Iowa, and Nebraska permits are not honored. So, if you travel  the usual Lincoln to KC route, you are in Iowa for a short time
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:31:24 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »
Dan W
Open carry is not illegal in Iowa if one has an Iowa permit to carry a handgun.  Their permit does not specifiy concealed.  Just splitting hairs.......

Offline tufftrav

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
When i go to KC i always take highway 75 south.

Offline tut

• Forum Member
    • Tuts words
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
Any state next to nebraska and more, see here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/   

Of note, most sites are in need of updating as they still show Colorado as not honoring NE's CCW permit...  Make sure any site you visit for CCW reciprocity is dated 2010!  (or at least is new enough to show Colorado correctly)
Imagine how gun control might be stomped if either of the NON-COMPROMISING lobbying groups, the Second Amendment Foundation or Gun Owners of America, had the NRA's 4 million members!