Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Rifles

7.62x39 AR (Updated 11/26/15)

<< < (3/3)

Wildgoose:

--- Quote from: Lmbass14 on February 24, 2015, 08:01:29 AM ---Nice lookn' AR WildGoose.  Where are you getting your 7.62x39 mags?  I need some also.  What kind of trigger system did you use?  Standard with a heavier Wolff spring or a drop in?

--- End quote ---
Mags are from Sota Arms. Trigger system is standard. No heavier Wolff spring as yet. The rifle is for hunting deer mostly and I will be shooting hand loaded ammo using standard CCI 200 LRP's for now. I may add the spring later. At present being a big AK fan I have the milsurp steel case hard primer stuff covered.

Wildgoose:
Just thought I would add the final outcome of the 7.62 AR project. The pic shows the hand load I used to take a nice buck last week at about 60 yards from the tree stand. Bullet did a good job on the lungs and liver with a through and through one shot kill. Only ran a few yards. Only change I made was to drop the red dot sight for a scope. The dot sight just was not working for me. It may be a fine option for others but I had a hard time working with it so just went to the scope. I added a barrel mount bipod adapter for later use with my Harris BP and to make it easy to attach a sling for field carry. All in all a great little light weight, handy and accurate deer carbine. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version