Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Rifles

7.62x39 AR (Updated 11/26/15)

<< < (2/3) > >>

CitizenClark:

--- Quote from: FarmerRick on February 04, 2015, 10:50:33 AM ---Just saying...   ;)   http://www.cmmginc.com/category_s/1998.htm

AK47 mags are 10 times better than any AR-Frankenmag produced.

--- End quote ---

That was part of my motivation for going with the MGI Hydra: the ability to run standard AK mags. (Mostly I blame Scott Jansen's salesmanship, though. :) )

JAK:
I have had the same issues with surplus ammo in mine.  I installed a extra power hammer spring and the issue has gone away for the most part.  I end up testing each lot of ammo to see if it is going to work in the AR. 

MGI makes a enhanced 7.62x39 bolt that uses a heavier firing pin, but I haven't gotten around to buying one yet.

I haven't had any issues feeding with magazines 10 rds or smaller, but the 30 rd ones are hit and miss for reliability.  They also look strange with the bend at the bottom to accommodate the 7.62x39 rds. 

What I am planning on trying later this year are 6.5 Grendel magazines and see if they work any better. 

John K

Wildgoose:
Well I did it. Built the lower and bought the upper. Couldn't pass up a deal on the upper at the Fremont Gun Show this last weekend. Low budget all the way. When the weather clears up I will give it a go. I have some hand loads I made up some years ago and will try some new ones as well.

Lmbass14:
Nice lookn' AR WildGoose.  Where are you getting your 7.62x39 mags?  I need some also.  What kind of trigger system did you use?  Standard with a heavier Wolff spring or a drop in?

gsd:
Thats some...interesting...carpet:)

Looks good sir.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version