General Categories > Firearms Training and Education

Fundamental Gun Handling Videos, Part III: Safe Gun Handling

<< < (2/4) > >>

OnTheFly:
Well done, and I can see how you could have easily taken another 20 minutes to cover many details.  A challenge to the rest of the NFOA members.  The next time you are at the range, in a gun shop, or just around anyone handling a gun, watch what the people around you are doing.  Count how many times they break one (or several) of the fundamentals.  At the gun shop, does the customer and clerk check to make sure the gun is not loaded?  Think that is silly?  Have you seen the video of the guy (LEO) who was handed a gun and shot his finger?  Do you see people treating a gun differently when it is "unloaded" compared to when they think it is loaded? Watching others encourages me to try harder to reinforce the basic safety rules, AND I pass it on to anyone I introduce to shooting.  This includes anyone that has shot before, but want to join me at the range to try my guns.  My guns, my rules.

As I have droned on about before, this is something we should ALL be obsessive about.  Every ND is fodder for the anti-gun crowd to take away our rights.  Don't give them an argument against us.

--- Quote from: farmerbob on February 06, 2015, 11:44:32 AM ---Eye protection is very important. A few years ago I was shooting some older 9mm ammo in a old Taurus PT 99 pistol, I had a stove pipe jam which peppered around my safety glasses with something like hot powder, I could have been in very serious trouble if it wasn't for wearing eye protection.
--- End quote ---

Absolutely agree.  If I damage my vision, I risk losing my employment.  However, this video/blog was about safe gun handling.  Eye protection, proper clothing, or even ensuring you have a first aid kit available, are separate subjects.

Fly

Lmbass14:
Excellent video.  Always good for refreshers, and yes I learned something.  Suggest everyone watch it.

And like Fly, I can see that video easily of 30 min.  So much to cover.

Again, EVERYONE needs to watch it at least once.

Thank you kind sir for the video.  I really appreciate them.

mott555:
I used to think eye protection was unnecessary. Then I got hit in the shoulder by a .22 LR ricochet at an indoor range! No real damage, just a nice little welt, but from that point on I'm anal about eye protection when shooting. That wouldn't have felt good had it been a little bit higher.

Lorimor:
I dunno.  Needs fire or explosions or bikinis or something. 

:D

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: Lorimor on February 06, 2015, 05:36:27 PM ---I dunno.  Needs fire or explosions or bikinis or something. 

:D

--- End quote ---

No...wait...what?! It didn't have bikinis, fire, and explosions?  If not, disregard my prior comment.  I was apparently watching the wrong video.

Fly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version