General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

AdvancedSystemCare8: Worth Using??

(1/4) > >>

SemperFiGuy:
Few weeks back, my computer was infested with junk.

Knowledgeable Forum advice was to get MalwareBytes and run it on my computer, which I did.   Worked like a Glock.  Computer has been super ever since.

Now something called AdvancedSystemCare8 has popped up on my computer.  Self-claims to be better than the Second Coming.

Shall I run this stuff or get rid of it in a hurry?

sfg

Ronvandyn:
I have used their products in the past and found them to be a serious burden on the processors.  They do what they are designed to do, but the cost is in the reduction of system speed.  I dont use them anymore.

Ron

zofoman:
I've used Advanced System Care for years and have no complaints.   The free edition is a good toolset.   Can't say that I know how the paid version is that much better as the free edition helped solve any issues I had.   FWIW, I am a firm believer in using the paid version of Malwarebytes.  Once in a while you can find it offered for free after rebate from Newegg or other electronic warehouse offerings.  RegistryRecycler is another free tool you may want to consider (there are others and I think the new ASC may have that built in)...periodic maintenance of the registry will help keep the old 'puter humming along just fine.

SemperFiGuy:
Based on what I'm hearing from both of you folks, it appears that this software is not malicious in and of itself.

So--I might give it a brief trial and see if it appears to have any benefit.

My free time w/the free MalwareBytes has expired.   MWB worked so well that if I again have problems, I'll happily download and pay for the fee-based version.   Good Stuff deserves its reward for value.   My Norton system scrubber seems to work well, as well.

The ASC8 just popped up out of nowhere, tied to a recommended restart.   Naturally, I'm suspicious of such behavior and wanted to check it out here among more knowledgeable Forum members.

If I get any definitive results, they'll be posted.

Many thanks,

sfg

Dan W:
For safeties  sake never click on an uncalled for pop up...I always kill the pop up and if I think I want to investigate further, do my own search for the product

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version