< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Now That's a Good School...............  (Read 495 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Now That's a Good School...............
« on: February 20, 2015, 02:12:00 PM »
To all USAS registered coaches;

Georgia Southern University is looking for an Assistant Director for their new Shooting Education Center.    See attached job description.

Position Title:         Assistant Director, Shooting Sports (Req. #STA000283)

Position Description:   
Shooting Sports Education Center.   This position will report to the Director of the Shooting Sports Education Center.   The Firearms Assistant Director will provide leadership, oversight, and day-to-day management of programs and operations related to firearms.

The development and implementation of firearms programming, instruction, competition, as well as sound safety controls for a wide range of skill levels to include new shooters and elite training is integral to the success of this position.   Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.

Minimum Requirements:   
Bachelor's Degree; three or more years of related work experience; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.

Preferred Qualifications:   
Master’s Degree; NRA Chief Range Safety Officer Training; NRA Firearms Instructor Certified; Concealed Carry Instructor Certified; work Experience in an Educational setting; experience in the supervision and development of a staff; experience competing in the shooting sports; experience in Archery and/or Firearms Range Management; experience in Firearms Training; experience in Retail Business; experience in Lead Abatement

Salary Range:   Minimum $40,663 – Midpoint $50,839

Application Deadline:   March 6, 2015

TO APPLY:
Please visit the Georgia Southern University employment website and complete the application process at https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/.   The application process must be completed by the deadline to be considered. For more information, call the 24-hour job line at (912) 478-0629. 

Georgia is an open records state.   Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or (TDD): (912) 478-0791.   Georgia Southern is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.

Video tour of Statesborohttp://www.statesboroga.gov/city-overview/video-tour/

======================================================
FYI,

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Now That's a Good School...............
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:24:09 PM »
At a minimum all schools should have gun safety training.  I'd start it in grade school with the Eddie Eagle program.  My grandkids loved it; they used to go around singing the song:
Stop, don't touch
I'm Eddie Eagle, and I like you too much
to see you get hurt
that's why I say
when you see a gun
just walk away!

I would add marksmanship training too, and include ballistics in science class and story problems involving ammo stockpiling, and basic firearm maintenance and repair in shop class.  And if they're going to dissect a frog in science class why not gut a squirrel instead?  And then cook it in home economics.  And the shooting sports would be an excellent addition too.  This would be much more useful than classes on things like why everyone should hate the evil white male.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.