General Categories > Firearms Training and Education

Fundamental Gun Handling Videos, Part IV: The Reload

(1/3) > >>

JTH:
The fourth video in the Precision Response Training series about Fundamental Gun Handling skills is up, this time talking about basic reloads.  It isn't a technique video about "how to do a reload," instead it discusses some of the most basic errors that we see during range practice or in competition.

I was good---I didn't go off on my personal opinion about the tac reload. And also managed to get it a little shorter than the last few.   :)

https://precisionresponse.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/fundamental-gun-handling-videos-part-iv-the-reload/

Probably the most important thing in the entire post/video: 

"Don’t forget to keep your finger pinned to the frame or slide while performing your reload, and don’t put it back into the trigger guard until you have the gun pointing on target and you plan to fire.  Even if you screw everything else up, get the safety part correct."

(I see that the gun safety video has approximately HALF the video views as the other ones.  Well, I expected that but was hoping to be surprised...)

So---next topic:  Stance?  Or Sight picture?  Something else?

Lorimor:
Another solid instructional piece! I think I heard one mag explode when it hit the deck. 

Well done.

Mali:
Thank you for the great information.  I appreciate you doing these videos as it reinforces what I have learned and fine tunes what I was working out for myself.

JTH:

--- Quote from: Lorimor on February 21, 2015, 08:50:00 AM ---Another solid instructional piece! I think I heard one mag explode when it hit the deck. 

--- End quote ---

I hope not---all but one of those were practice magazines--one solid chunk of weighted plastic with a bullet-form at the top.   (The real mag had orange snap-caps in it.  And like an idiot, the first time I tried to explain "bullets forward" I was using the wrong mag, so you couldn't tell what I meant AT ALL.)

I did have one time when the reload mag bounced completely out of the ROOM. (I'm doing these videos in my martial arts practice hall, so I have mats down over gymnastic foam.)  I was showing a reload while transitioning and the turn gave the bounce just enough energy to go flying sideways---and it ended up making it off the mats and clear through the doorway.

That whole sequence didn't make it into the video, which is probably good because I couldn't stop laughing.

Mali:

--- Quote from: jthhapkido on February 21, 2015, 12:30:00 PM ---That whole sequence didn't make it into the video, which is probably good because I couldn't stop laughing.

--- End quote ---
Sounds like a bloopers reel is in order after all these instructional videos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version