General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Weapons Throughout Time Exhibit (Morrill Hall, Lincoln)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Randy:
The board of directors needs feed back from members once they have been to the display.
There will be no posting of this event until reviews have been received.
As has been discussed earlier within the board members.

JimP:
NOPE.  Enemy (of Freedom and the RTKABA) territory.

RobertH:
today i went to morrill hall and saw the weapons throughout time.  it was well......generic.  sure it had knives, armor, spears, blowguns, arrowheads, firearms and ammunition but it was lack on info about the items.  basically it would have an item shown with what year or century it was made/used, who used it and who loaned it to this exhibit and that was it.  nothing about caliber, rates of fire, effective distance, accuracy, pros/cons or other special info.  it was nice to look at, but nothing special.  it lacked some indepth information i would have liked to read about.  there was nothing about anti-2nd amendment or anti weapons.  seeing these artifacts and their decorations up close was neat but fairly dry.  it lacked the creative juices necessary for a truly great exhibit.  the best thing about it was real artifacts up close and the large amount of various ammo sizes was very cool as well.  it was interesting but lacked vital information that would have made this exhibit stand out.

if you're curious about seeing these antique weapons up close, then go and make your own assessment.  i saw everything and took me just under 1 hour to read everything and see all of the exhibits.

overall:  3 out of 5

FarmerRick:
Was there an admission charge?

RobertH:

--- Quote from: FarmerRick on November 02, 2009, 06:26:27 PM ---Was there an admission charge?

--- End quote ---

yes there is.  $5.  if you're a student its free or kids under 12.  the article says how much and when the museum is open.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version