< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Just wondering...  (Read 883 times)

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Just wondering...
« on: February 15, 2015, 09:57:57 AM »
I've been writing our Senator's, Fischer, Sasse, and Ashford a lot this year (actually since the elections) on various concerns.  Since then, haven't heard anything back from anyone.

Has anyone received and feedback from them?  Or since the election is over, our opinion don't count?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Just wondering...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »
Hang in there.... once they get a "consensus" on a topic one of their minions will craft a form letter consisting of mindless meandering dribble. Typically 2-3 months....

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »
Make sure you let them know we're pissed at the new ATF regulations on M855 and SS109.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 01:26:05 AM »
Write the ATF asking that they do NOT ban SS109/M855 ammunition (the ban is pending to happen in March).

This is ammunition that many high power shooters use in across the course matches.

BE POLITE AND EXPLAIN YOU USE THIS AMMUNITION FOR SHOOTING RIFLE MATCHES.

ATF will carefully consider all comments, as appropriate, received on or before March 16, 2015, and will give comments received after that date the same consideration if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given except as to comments received on or before March 16, 2015. ATF will not acknowledge receipt of comments.

Submit comments in any of three ways (but do not submit the same comments multiple times or by more than one method):

ATF website: APAComments@atf.gov

(Follow the instructions for submitting comments.)

Fax: (202) 648-9741.

Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N-602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20226: ATTN: AP Ammo Comments

The link to the full proposed armor piercing reclassification framework is available here:

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fil...g_purposes.pdf
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:18:53 PM »
I usually get a form reply to any email I send them thanking me and saying something to the effect that they will take my concerns into consideration.  I always remind them that the voters did not give control of both houses of Congress to Republicans because we want Obama to continue trampling the Constitution unopposed.  Maybe a flood of letters to the RNC pointing this out might do some good.  Or maybe not, since the R in RNC these days seems to stand for RINO.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.