< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Build parties w/ 80% lowers  (Read 755 times)

Offline sh68137

• NFOA Full Member
  • NRA Lifer
Build parties w/ 80% lowers
« on: January 07, 2015, 12:53:20 PM »
http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Firearms/FirearmsIndustry/atf-ruling-2015-1-manufacturing-and-gunsmithing.pdf

The second day of 2015, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has issued its first ruling of the year! ATF Ruling 2015-1 addresses putative Firearm Industry concerns regarding whether Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL), or unlicensed machine shops, may engage in the business of completing, or assisting in the completion of, the manufacture of firearm frames or receivers for unlicensed individuals without being licensed as a manufacturer of firearms.” Except for scope work.

If my NFOA friends need help w/ a 80% build "we" are felonious manufacturers.

"Only slaves need permission."--SGH

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
Re: Build parties w/ 80% lowers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:43:13 PM »
You happen to have blueprints for a jig do you? Or a spare jig laying around? :)
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Burkdoggy

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Build parties w/ 80% lowers
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:18:06 AM »
I have thought about buying an 80% lower but haven't because I didn't think that my current tool collection would be sufficient for doing a really nice job.  A build party would be awesome!  Tell me which lower to buy and what parts and tooling I would need and I'll be there.