< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: John Lott on Gun Free Zones  (Read 514 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
John Lott on Gun Free Zones
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »
http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/gun-free-zones-put-innocent-danger

This is a very good piece written by a man whose work we are all familiar with.  He makes some good points that patriots should be familiar with because they can be used on deprogramming missions among liberal dupes.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: John Lott on Gun Free Zones
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:31:52 PM »
In late 2013, Ron Noble, the secretary general of Interpol, noted two means of protecting people from mass shootings: “One is to say we want an armed citizenry; you can see the reason for that. Another is to say the enclaves [should be] so secure that in order to get into the soft target, you’re going to have to pass through extraordinary security.”

But Noble warned that his experience taught him it was virtually impossible to stop killers from getting weapons.

There is extensive evidence to back this up. I joined University of Chicago economist Bill Landes in studying the effects of 13 types of gun control laws on public mass shootings from 1977 to 1999. We found that permitted concealed handgun laws were the only effective measures in preventing or reducing the harm caused by these attacks. Again, attacks occurred in those tiny areas where victims weren’t able to protect themselves.

I read Lott's More Guns, Less Crime some time back and I agree that he is very likely the best source for real data confirming that Gun Free Zones kill
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.