General Categories > Shooting Sports

What shoots do you attend, and where?

(1/5) > >>

JimP:
I try to make the IDPA shoots at THE BULLET HOLE in La Vista. They have IDPA the first and third Tuesdays of the month and IPSC the other Tuesdays. Cost is 1 run for 5$, or 2 for 9$. Runs usually consist of 8 to 10 threat tgts, with a couple of no-shoots mixed in. Once in awhile they mix in a swinger or a target movin at you........ the skill level runs from beginner to scary good. The guys running it are helpful, so if you have questions, they have answers. If you just got your CHP, it is good beginner training.

I also like the Bowling Pin shoots Weeping Water Gun Club  puts on, though I only made it to 2 this year........... business has been good!

Jay:
JimP,

Do you have a schedule for WWGC's bowling pin shoots? I have always wanted to attend one but as yet have not. Do you have to be a member to shoot?

I hate to admit it, but almost all of my shooting is done on my own with friends and family. I am very interested in getting into some organized shoots, but growing up on the farm and having a piece of land all to our own each weekend to practice however we feel like it tends to keep me down here. That way, only those close to me get to see how bad a shot I really am.  ;D I had a couple of Members come down and shoot with me and the wife and kids at our spot last weekend. It was a blast. Maybe as we gain Members, we could start organizing some Nebraska Firepower events, or even just have a meet and greet day with a cookout and some plinking?

Administrator:
I would be interested in information on the bowling pin shoots also. A while back a friend and I built our own tables and had our own bowling pin shoots, but after a while the tables got shot up and we ended up finishing them off with a few blasting sessions. ::)

Like Jay, I really only shoot with a few close friends and family.

JimP:
WWGC shoots are listed on their website .............. gimme a minute and I'll find it............

JimP:
Got it. weepingwatergunclub.com  -> go to Disciplines on the left side of the page, click Bowling Pin for an explanation of hw they are playing the game.  See match schedule for dates/times. They are done for the year.  contacts are Kieth Darnell 402-332-4215 and Glenn Williams at 712-642-3122.

Better yet, check nebraskapinshooters.tripod.com They list the matches at WWGC and Lincoln Ikes............. both appear to be done for the year ................

Guess we'll have to hold our own matches............ I have pins!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version