< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Chambers would rather fight Police than ISIS  (Read 6758 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Chambers would rather fight Police than ISIS
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »
Senator Schnoor has called for Ernie to resign.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:48 AM »
If Chambers is an accurate reflection of his district, maybe the police should be pulled out of that district to make them happy.  Why have them there if they are not wanted there? 
Unfortunately there are people in his district who do not believe what he has to say and don't have that attitude who would be left to the wolves if that happened.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »
How irresponsible for a state senator to say if he had a gun he would use it on law enforcement, I wonder how many young people in his district who look up to him might do just that, Ernie is a bad role model and a horrible human being. He aligns himself with ISIS a terror organization like Boko Haram and Al Qaeda, does his voter's agree with this or will they do the right thing and recall him? If he continues to represent them, how bad does that make them look?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 12:17:50 PM »
What's really scary is when you read the comments on articles about this and see how many people support Chambers and agree with him.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »
I'm curious about what the Channel 7 so-called news being talked about in another thread on this site had to say about this; anyone here know?

None of the reporters present at the hearing wrote about Chambers statement...until after it became national news when Deena Winters reported it in Nebraska Watchdog.org 

They were too busy spreading the false narrative of gun owners proclivity for alcohol abuse, drunk driving, shooting people and just debauchery in general.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »
Maybe something good can come out of this: drug tests for the legislature.  Or at least one member.  This is giving Chambers the benefit of the doubt of course, in assuming that he's not stupid enough to say those kinds of things without being under the influence of some mind altering substance.  And if he isn't it's probably worse, because if he is he can sober up and maybe do a little better, but if he isn't he's fundamentally loony and we just have to live with it, since it doesn't seem likely that those who vote for him will ever wise up.  Either way it's a sad state of affairs for those who have to live under the law he's able to corrupt. 

I remember when another racist named David Duke ran for the Senate in Louisiana and there was a national threat of economic boycott against the people of his state if they elected him.  And it seems to have worked, though he might not have been elected anyway.  So if it isn't ok to vote for David Duke, why is it ok to vote for Ernie Chambers?   
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »
I remember when another racist named David Duke ran for the Senate in Louisiana and there was a national threat of economic boycott against the people of his state if they elected him.  And it seems to have worked, though he might not have been elected anyway.  So if it isn't ok to vote for David Duke, why is it ok to vote for Ernie Chambers? 
Because in this day and age it is not wrong to discriminate against whites if you are black, but a major travesty the other way.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 04:29:01 PM »
OK folks here's my thoughts... I'm amazed people are even saying  anything about this.  Ernie has said much worse things about and directly too people.  He's called me a stupid redneck when testifying on behalf of our organization.  He's called Nebraskans in general rednecks, rubes, idiots and much worse, even calling those who elected him idiots (something I have difficulty disagreeing with since they keep electing him), he disparages religion, religious leaders, has said similar things about cops and or police for years, called public school educators everything from Nazi's to racists and worse.

Nothing is going to happen to him because he will not step down and you are not going to get 35 senators to vote to remove him.  Instead lets use his stupidity against him and push our bills out of committee over his objections, then into law in spite of him.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 04:32:46 PM »
Nothing is going to happen to him because he will not step down and you are not going to get 35 senators to vote to remove him.  Instead lets use his stupidity against him and push our bills out of committee over his objections, then into law in spite of him.
Completely agree with this.   Put our energy into something that will actually make a difference!

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:44 PM »
http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/ernie-chambers/image_564a75df-d832-5b7f-9e97-329afc47c235.html

Here is a link to a pic of Chambers being arrested for CCW, don't know what kind of a weapon.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »
OK folks here's my thoughts... I'm amazed people are even saying  anything about this.  Ernie has said much worse things about and directly too people.  He's called me a stupid redneck when testifying on behalf of our organization.  He's called Nebraskans in general rednecks, rubes, idiots and much worse, even calling those who elected him idiots (something I have difficulty disagreeing with since they keep electing him), he disparages religion, religious leaders, has said similar things about cops and or police for years, called public school educators everything from Nazi's to racists and worse.

This could possibly be beneficial.....I can see the press release now....Senator _____^^^ stood hand in hand with Ernie Chambers to block LB___!

I'm just day dreaming...but how awesome would it be if this was the straw that broke the cobras back....& it happened because of a bill that was brought about by the NFOA!  :P
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »
He's already had a few senators withdraw support for his bills.  Hopefully the trend will continue.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »
 today o the Chris Baker show on KFAB, they had a shrink go over earnies comments and give her openion on his mental state,
    It was great, I havnt laughed that hard in a long time,

also. If I posted what he said on my facebook page, I bet the police would be visiting me for making a terroristic threat,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 06:24:49 AM »
The "freedom of speech" rule in the Legislature (officials are exempt from civil or criminal charges for things said on the floor of the legislature, only removed from office) and in Congress makes politicians "super" citizens.   Their free speech rights are closer to the 1st Amendment than yours or mine.   If they cannot be held responsible for liable or incitement to riot why should I? 

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »
None of the reporters present at the hearing wrote about Chambers statement...until after it became national news when Deena Winters reported it in Nebraska Watchdog.org 

They were too busy spreading the false narrative of gun owners proclivity for alcohol abuse, drunk driving, shooting people and just debauchery in general.

Thanks for pointing this out; it's good to know and it should be made known throughout the grass roots of patriots, because it's yet another example indicating that even local media are often part of the big lie machine called the liberal press.  It's an example of this strategy: newsworthiness is determined by the propaganda effect any information is likely to have; if it will promote liberalism it's newsworthy; if it will detract from liberalism it's not; degree of newsworthiness is directly proportional to propaganda effect.

Motto of the liberal press: ye shall know untruth, and it shall make you unfree.

It could be beneficial to have a centralized collection of stupid, threatening, condescending, and deceitful things Ernie has said; they could be called ernieisms.  The enemy of freedom uses the weapon of ridicule very effectively in its war on the Republic, and its ridicule is commonly based in distortions and lies.  Patriots should be using the same weapon, but in our case the ridicule is based in truth, because we have no need to distort what is said by Ernie Chambers and his ilk.  Liberal media might have more power than patriot media at this point but we are not without power, so we should use what we have to turn their weapon back on them.  I'd say it's perfectly fine to make jokes about the Chambers voter for example, being naïve, easily herded, un-and anti-American, and so stupid he defecates in his own dinner bowl and then brags about it.  Remember the old Pollock and Bohunk jokes?  Or blonde jokes?  Just put Ernie or the Chambers voter in instead.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
This is a statement from one of my friends, I have heard this before but do not have any documentation to back it up.  Someone said they thought it comes from a World Herald story about the funeral etc. about Aug 17th/18th 1970 but I have not been able to find it on the web right now.

In 1970 Omaha Police were lured to an empty house with a false cry for help. A trap had been set with hIdden bombs and Officer Larry Minard was killed.
 On the day of Officer Minard's funeral, Ernie Chambers said it was a very sad day because eight or ten more officers weren't being buried.

Offline bwarner

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 11:22:51 AM »
But if a white legislator made a comment like that. Well you know.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:45 PM »
  The story was just on the rush Limbaugh show, he made a few comments about it,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline hangarflying

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
Eh, I'm not overly worked up about what he said. It's pretty easy to dismiss what a person says and take comments out of context when they actively oppose you and you want to remove them from office.