< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Chambers would rather fight Police than ISIS  (Read 6759 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Chambers would rather fight Police than ISIS
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 04:29:05 PM »
The "freedom of speech" rule in the Legislature (officials are exempt from civil or criminal charges for things said on the floor of the legislature, only removed from office) and in Congress makes politicians "super" citizens.   Their free speech rights are closer to the 1st Amendment than yours or mine.   If they cannot be held responsible for liable or incitement to riot why should I? 

This was a necessary requirement so that you can speak your mind on the floor without fear of repercussions from an abusive state / majority.  It was a way of being able to make a statement without fear of libel, heresy, etc.  You must be able to speak your mind on the floor.

Do I agree that the People's rights (in this case the 1A rights) have been eroded insanely so ? Yes.

Back when the Constitution and BoR were penned, the extra protections granted to representatives was fairly minor.  Sure, in pure ideology it's insanely beyond what the People are afforded - but at the time it was more or less "i can say anything a representative can say except for libel etc", not to the extreme differences we have today.

Granted, I imagine back then that standards were higher and representatives were held more accountable than they are today.  Not sure, wasn't there, but I imagine so.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2015, 02:51:12 PM »
If Chambers feels that way about the police, why does he want civilians disarmed?

That is a great question. Sen. Chambers fundamentally distrusts not just police officers and prosecutors, but the institutions that police and prosecutors are part of. I don't think there is anything crazy about that — I have my own grave concerns about these institutions myself. Everyone needs to understand that Ernie is trolling you with a statement that is literally and factually correct: if he had a gun, the chances of his ever having the opportunity to shoot a member of ISIS is pretty darn slim, but his chances of having run-ins with Omaha police are far better (he has, after all, been arrested by them before). But for some crazy reason, Ernie both distrusts cops AND simultaneously believes that they are the only ones who should be armed.

Unlike Ernie Chambers and the more nationally prominent "Civil Rights, Inc." folks like Jackson and Sharpton, many ardent civil rights leaders throughout American history have prominently featured firearms freedom as essential to liberty, especially for minorities. Harriet Tubman was almost never to be found without a pistol, rifle, or both. Ida B. Wells said, “The Winchester Rifle deserves a place of honor in every Black home.”

Nicholas Johnson wrote a wonderful book about this called "Negroes and the Gun: The Black Tradition of Arms." (the book is here: http://amzn.com/161614839X ; a review can be found here http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/01/28/negroes-and-the-gun-slaves-fugitives-freemen-and-citizens/)

Everyone should read it, especially Senator Ernie Chambers.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:55:56 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »
Ernie is trolling for sure with his race baiting rhetoric, but it is a real shame he can not see, or refuses to acknowledge, the racist beginnings of gun control and that his constituents are more in need of a legal means of self defense than most other demographic groups in America
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 08:59:59 PM »
Ernie is trolling for sure with his race baiting rhetoric, but it is a real shame he can not see, or refuses to acknowledge, the racist beginnings of gun control and that his constituents are more in need of a legal means of self defense than most other demographic groups in America

Exactly.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 11:48:23 AM »
If I remember my history right, southern states in the post Civil War South issuing so-called black codes was what led to the 14th Amendment, and the worst of those "black codes" were intended to disarm the former slaves so they could more easily be victimized by the KKK.  The Klan was filled with Democrats, and the new Republican Party wanted to end the oppression of the former slaves.  It's been awhile since I read about this so I might have some details wrong, but I think that's essentially how it went down.

Those who seek to disarm civilians are no friend of the black man.  And neither are those who condemn the police who put their own lives on the line to defend black people.  I sometimes wonder if the old KKK just decided to switch strategies, and put away their white robes and replace them with business suits, and became the leadership of the liberal cult, because that group has done more damage to the black community than the old Klan ever did, including breaking up the black family, leading them to become dependent on government, and leading them to kill each other, in greater numbers than the Klan could have accomplished.  Obviously I don't really think that's how it went, but I do think Ernie Chambers and his ilk are the most insidious enemy the black man has ever had.  And his insistence on hating police and disarming civilians is a big part of that.

I think it's worth pointing out that most if not all liberal leaders, including Obama, seem to share Ernie's feelings on these things; the only difference is that Ernie is stupid enough to be obvious about it.  Most liberal bigots try to hide them, so you only know them by their fruits, as the Bible tells us; good ol' Ernie just blurts it out for all to hear.  If it wasn't for the liars of the liberal press covering for him, he would have been out a long time ago. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
 been thinking. ( that's usually dangerous)  but If the rest of the senators wanted to do something against snowglow, they could all vote against every single bill he submits, and I mean a total vote against, nothing he tries should see the light of day,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 08:18:58 PM »
David Codrea and The Gun Wire has picked this up and it is currently the top story.  Earnie has gone national, and this time I dont think its going to be good for him.

http://thegunwire.com/

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-control-politician-compares-cops-to-isis-says-he-d-shoot-them-first
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
Ain't nothing going to happen. 

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 10:14:35 PM »
http://www.scrippsmedia.com/kmtv/news/Ernie-Chambers-pretends-to-resign-in-April-Fools-Day-joke-298337841.html

If he had any sense of honor for the seat he holds he would DO IT for real!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:18:05 PM by farmerbob »

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2015, 08:16:15 AM »
http://www.scrippsmedia.com/kmtv/news/Ernie-Chambers-pretends-to-resign-in-April-Fools-Day-joke-298337841.html

If he had any sense of honor for the seat he holds he would DO IT for real!!!

If he had any sense of honor he wouldn't be Ernie Chambers.  At least not the Ernie Chambers we know.

Offline monkeyboy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2015, 11:19:26 AM »
Since Ernie thinks the police are more dangerous than ISIS,maybe the Omaha police should not respond to any calls in his district. Let them police themselves.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »
Since Ernie thinks the police are more dangerous than ISIS,maybe the Omaha police should not respond to any calls in his district. Let them police themselves.
Maybe just not respond to calls for him. There are a lot of innocent people living in his district that have to put up with his shenanigans but don't believe in him or vote for him.  A lot like certain high level fed politicians that shall remain unnamed. ;)
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »
Sure, what a Nirvana it would be when those darn cops are no longer armed. What could go wrong?

You know, except for an explosion of thefts, assaults, rapes and murders…

Which they would then scream at NYPD for not preventing it!

Suddenly I am reminded of this scene from Demolition Man...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan