< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ernie  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Ernie
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »
Haven't heard anything from Ernie since the ISIS comment.  Has anyone else heard anything?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Ernie
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 05:34:15 PM »
Well here is a new article from the person that started the publicity from the ISIS comment:

http://watchdog.org/210704/ernie-chambers-7/

Has Nebraska’s Chambers been chastened?

In the wake of national outrage over Nebraska state Sen. Ernie Chambers’ comments comparing cops to Islamic terrorists, some Nebraska lawmakers are standing up to the veteran senator more than ever before.

Of course there is also this article that came out today as well:

http://www.politicalinsidersreport.com/2015/04/08/ernie-chambers-and-his-property-tax-conundrum/

Ernie Chambers and his property tax conundrum

Senator Chambers has been a barrier to property tax relief in the past and today was no different.... The conundrum is this. Senator Chambers pays NO property tax on his own home. None, as in zero, and has not for several years.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 06:29:16 PM »
Thanks Andy.  And he has a mean dog too.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 09:22:03 PM »
Well here is a new article from the person that started the publicity from the ISIS comment:

http://watchdog.org/210704/ernie-chambers-7/

Has Nebraska’s Chambers been chastened?

In the wake of national outrage over Nebraska state Sen. Ernie Chambers’ comments comparing cops to Islamic terrorists, some Nebraska lawmakers are standing up to the veteran senator more than ever before.

Of course there is also this article that came out today as well:

http://www.politicalinsidersreport.com/2015/04/08/ernie-chambers-and-his-property-tax-conundrum/

Ernie Chambers and his property tax conundrum

Senator Chambers has been a barrier to property tax relief in the past and today was no different.... The conundrum is this. Senator Chambers pays NO property tax on his own home. None, as in zero, and has not for several years.
How does he pay none?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:38:13 PM »
How does he pay none?

It appears he gets a very rare Homestead Exemption that is only for people over 65 and a very low income.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 12:24:32 PM »
I guess good ol' Ernie figured out that it's easy to be generous with other people's money.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 03:42:18 PM »
Here's a true story.... yesterday I was talking to a classmate, he's 19, straight out of Wahoo high school and taking electronics classes with me.  the class had a short discussion on Senator Chambers before class started.  he did not know who Chambers was and he was NOT lying!  the kid had no idea and had to google him.  this is the sad future of America.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
Here's a true story.... yesterday I was talking to a classmate, he's 19, straight out of Wahoo high school and taking electronics classes with me.  the class had a short discussion on Senator Chambers before class started.  he did not know who Chambers was and he was NOT lying!  the kid had no idea and had to google him.  this is the sad future of America.

Scary.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »

He probably had not heard of the NFOA either?  :o 
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 05:38:39 PM »

Now that's REALLY scary.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »

oh, no.  if you're in my classes you know about the NFOA.  t-shirts, stickers on tool boxes and getting a teacher to sign up and shooting with another teacher... well, everyone knows what the NFOA is, at least in my classes.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 06:27:38 PM »
Ernie hasn't been chastened.  His ego is too big and he's too full of hate for that.  But maybe, just maybe, a few other senators have grown a spine and decided to stand up to him.