< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sig P938  (Read 938 times)

Offline Maverick

• NFOA Full Member
  • Maverick
Sig P938
« on: April 09, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »
Anyone have any experience with these? Good bad ugly?

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: Sig P938
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 08:30:07 PM »
I have no experience with the 938 but my father in law loves his 238.  I have sold a lot of holsters for the 938 and have asked a couple of them their opinion of it and have heard nothing but good things about it.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Maverick

• NFOA Full Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
Was thinking of making this my ccw, small but should have enough stopping power

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 09:50:39 PM »
A couple have come through the store. I like the feel of this pistol, but the little safety was a bit hard for my thumb to flip off. It might just be that I have fat thumbs, but make sure you can work the safety without issue.

Offline monkeyboy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 07:36:50 AM »
I've had mine for a couple of years now. Had a few FTF's initially until I had a 100rds or so through it.Now that it's broken in,it works great!Slightly larger than a LCP,nice and compact.If your a fan of the 1911 you'll probably like this pistol.It's pretty much the same with the exception of a grip safety.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 09:54:55 AM »
I've got the P238, the 938 wasn't out yet or I would have had that one...  As far as the safety goes, I had a pit bull charging me last summer and I had no problems manipulating the safety, thank goodness the owner heard me yelling at the dog and tackled him...  I was walking on the sidewalk and the owner just opened the door and let the dog out...

Offline SunsetSig

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:15 PM »
I have the Sig P938 with a born on date of August of 2012.  Minor issues being FTF initially for the first 100 rounds or so then I acquired 9mm NATO for another 250 rounds and had no failures since.  Currently practice with a variety of ammo with no issues.

I'm not a CHP holder so it's primarily a home defense weapon using Hornady Critical Defense.  Again no issues.

I'm in my seventies and have lost a lot of muscle in the last several years and gripping the 938 has become an issue.  For me it has a lot of muzzle flip.  The grips are a bit narrow for me even with smallish hands.  Shooting low and left.  So, bottom line, I increased the width with a grip sleeve then added a couple pieces of aluminum about 1/6" inch thick on each side inserted between the sleeve and the original grip.  Better fit for my hands.

First shot point of aim was left shoulder and point of impact was left shoulder on the target.  I'm pleased with the results.

One other anomaly is when extracting the magazine with ammo  it always "grabs" the first round which falls out following the magazine.  This is a known ongoing problem which has never been rectified by Sig to my knowledge.

I'd buy it again.

The controls are somewhat similar to a 1911 in function but as was mentioned no grip safety.  You can rack the slide with the safety on.  I'm not giving up my 1911s just yet either.

My wife has the P238 with 7 round magazines and loves it.  Easy for her to shoot and easy to rack the slide.

Offline Maverick

• NFOA Full Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 06:23:45 PM »
Thanks for all the input everyone, I think I just made up my mind. Sounds like a good one to get ahold of