< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Chinese State Media Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed  (Read 857 times)

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Chinese State Media Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:47:45 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2012/12/18/china-demands-us-citizens-be-disarmed/

The official Chinese government news agency, Xinhua, has demanded the US immediately adopt stricter gun control measures to reduce the number of firearms the US populace is permitted to possess.
The Chinese state-controlled media’s statement, titled “Innocent Blood Demands No Delay for US Gun Control,” is primarily focused on the Newtown tragedy in which 26 Americans were killed by a mad gunman. Twenty of the victims were young children.

The Chinese government stated, “Their blood and tears demand no delay for the U.S. gun control.”

In an apparent effort to restrict information to their populace, the Chinese government wrote of a number of US mass shootings but failed to mention they were either stopped by a citizen legally carrying a firearm or otherwise only occurred in the controversial gun-free zones that critics say make prime targets for madmen.

The Chinese government states:

The past six months have seen enough shooting rampages in the United States. Just three days ago, three people were shot dead at a shopping mall in Oregon. Two weeks ago, a football player shot his girlfriend dead and then committed suicide. Five months ago, 12 people were killed and 58 wounded in a shooting spree at a midnight screening of a Batman film in Colorado.

The government went on to express a strong dislike of the National Rifle Association while also attacking the Republican Party as somehow complicit in the violence. Conversely, the article heaps praise on the Democratic Party:

The Clinton government launched a series of gun control policies at the end of last century. And the Democrats lost the Congressional election in 1994 and the presidential election in 2000, with the shadow of the NRA present in both defeats.

The current Chinese government, the communist People’s Republic of China, was established in a revolution led by Mao Zedong, who killed an estimated 40-70 million people with starvation, executions, and re-education camps.

A Breitbart Hoax?

NVM. I see now this article is from 2012.  Not sure why it popped up.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Chinese State Media Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »
 I guess they don't want us to have many firearms when they invade us.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:54:48 PM »
If China had a Bill of Rights, I'm sure it would read, "You have the right to shut up and do as you are told."

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
Even though the article is old I doubt the official position of the Chinese has changed. 

Why is it no surprise that the state controlled press in China and the liberal press in America are comrades in arms, telling the same lies and seeking the same ends?

If the illegal ban on certain guns imported from the People's Republic imposed by HW Bush was lifted I'd say they'd sell us all the AK47s we want to buy, all the while wanting our government to come and take them away from us.

The default setting of a despot seems to be power over the many concentrated in the hands of the few, and arms are a form of power, so the Chinese despots naturally want all subjects (as they see us) of all governments disarmed.  Chairman Mao pointed out that political power comes out of the barrel of a gun, and they don't like a free people holding that power.  I'm sure they'd like to see our First Amendment rights taken away too.

I could see a situation where President-for-Life Obama or Clinton asked the UN to send in peacekeepers to stop massive engineered violence, and to pacify gun nuts, political dissidents, and thought criminals (i.e., racists, sexist pigs, homophobes, Islamophobes, jingoists, greedy capitalists, Christians, etc.), and countries like China and Cuba would be happy to honor the request.  China could send ten million or so and barely make a dent in its army, and they could collect the money we owe them while they're here.  They could be using weapons and body armor made in China but paid for by the American taxpayer, with money borrowed from China.  What China lacks of course is the ability to project power, but that could be provided by our military, since a lot of patriots seem to be leaving and being replaced by those who like the Obama changes.  This doesn't seem likely of course, but unlikely things have happened.  Even a remote likelihood of that kind of thing shows the importance in having a loyal American in the White House.

A tyrant with so much blood on its hands demanding that a free people be made unable to defend themselves is a really sick joke.  And the sickest part of it is that there are many among us going along with it.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »
Just as an aside folks.

How many times does our media or our populace think that certain ways of life should be pushed on to foreign cultures ?  What gives us the right to say what is correct for them ?  Nothing.

So, much like the US interfering in foreign affairs is wrong, China attempting to interfere in ours is wrong.

Ignore the Chinese piece much like the world should ignore our journalism / opinion about their own lives.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D