< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: limit on 22 ammo at walmart,  (Read 3449 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
limit on 22 ammo at walmart,
« on: April 24, 2015, 10:24:13 PM »
  on facebook several people were posting pics  of several 3,000 round cases that they had bought at walmart, and in another post, they were selling that ammo for double what they paid for it.
    the guess what happened, someone called corporate and now they have a limit of 3 boxes or 300 rounds,
     and the same people that were scalping the ammo are now complaining
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
Re: limit on 22 ammo at walmart,
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:45:42 AM »
Yep.  I saw a sign posted up limiting the amount a few months ago. 

I hope the scalpers lose money on their "deals".

Offline Bigtony

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:48:10 AM »
Yes, this is getting old.  Scheels and most of the gun shops in Lincoln break down there bricks and ask a minimum of 4.99/50 (for ammo I've never even heard of) and can only purchase 100 rds. Some of the hoarders are cheaper than that. I can have it shipped to my door for less than that and actually end up with a brick.  Every once and awhile I see cabelas prices a little more normal online but I'd have to either pay shipping or drive to Omaha to pick up but that may be a better option as I could hit guns unlimited also.  My daughter and I are getting low and will have to find some soon.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »
Actually shooter, the Wal-Mart's in Lincoln have had that sign up for quite awhile. Wally worlds in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana had the same posting back 8-9 months ago. Funny thing is in those states they actually had 8- 14 models of AR's on display.
 1 Sweeet store in Idaho actually had a Barret 50 in the back for 5995.00 and 50 cal ammo on the shelf to go with it.
 Most of the bricks I have seen are going for 49 bucks, almost all 22LR has been from 8 - 10 cents per round. Haven't really looked that hard, as I  bought a large amount back in 07.
D.R

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 08:49:44 PM »
There are individuals  that have made a lucrative business out of selling 22LR at inflated prices, I've talked to several people that work at Walmart and they swear they are getting the usual amount of 22LR ammo in but the same people hit it with their entire families until its sold out, it only lasts a few hours.
Until people quit buying it from these idiots at inflated prices, nothing will change.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »
The Wal-Mart in Papillion (72nd Street) has "a lot" of 22 ammo.  Have to ask for it.  The guy behind the counter said that they had it for weeks.  Was going to ask other questions, but he was on his way to help another customer.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 11:24:36 AM »
There are individuals  that have made a lucrative business out of selling 22LR at inflated prices, I've talked to several people that work at Walmart and they swear they are getting the usual amount of 22LR ammo in but the same people hit it with their entire families until its sold out, it only lasts a few hours.
Until people quit buying it from these idiots at inflated prices, nothing will change.

I'm not disputing what you say, but I really am amazed this is still going on. Cabelas website has had .22 in stock non-stop most of the last two or three weeks, with free shipping to any store. Not just the cheapie Remington golden bullet stuff, but CCI standard velocity, stingers and mini mags.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »

I'm not disputing what you say, but I really am amazed this is still going on. Cabelas website has had .22 in stock non-stop most of the last two or three weeks, with free shipping to any store. Not just the cheapie Remington golden bullet stuff, but CCI standard velocity, stingers and mini mags.

One box limit per order per day.   :(
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »
One box limit per order per day.   :(

That's why you also have your wife create an account with them and order her box per day as well. Whether she knows it or not.   :)

One or two hundred rounds / day doesn't seem to cramp my style. In a week I've basically got a brick or two waiting for me at their customer service desk and that lasts us quite a while even with the kids pretty keen on plinking cans and pop-up targets.  I know there are people who burn though many, many, MANY thousands of rounds of .22 per year and I should feel sorry for them not being able to buy all they want, but sometimes it's hard for me to empathize with that.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 05:57:24 PM »
Walmart at the south Lincoln store had CCI Quiet rounds in stock this afternoon. Maybe 40 or so small (50 round) boxes left. The guy said they had ninety cases show up this morning and it's almost all gone. Guess there is still some unsatisfied demand out there.

I wonder if a lot of buyers knew what they were even buying when they bought the "Quiet" stuff. It works great out of my Savage single-shot, but they'll be disappointed if they think it will cycle their 10/22.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 08:26:32 PM »
Wal Mart has had that limitation for a couple years now.  I have picked multiple bulk packs over the years by checking them in the morning randomly.  Since the wife started shooting 22, she keeps a eye out as well.  2 heads are better than one ;D