< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Thanks to rchaisch for the suggestion to start this board  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Thanks to rchaisch for the suggestion to start this board
« on: November 08, 2009, 01:04:02 AM »
So to kick off the discussions, what would you recommend for a fixed blade Knife that is very tough yet very affordable. 

I am very happy with a Benchmade Griptilian D2 combo blade for EDC, but I know nothing about the fixed blades.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Thanks to rchaisch for the suggestion to start this board
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »
I weak side carry a Ka-Bar TDI. It is the small blade 2 5/16 I think. stays tucked away on my belt , out of the way yet readily availble.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »
thanks for starting this dan and i like the title "the cutting edge".  thats cool i think.  anyways, im a total noob at knives and i know there's a lot of people who use and collect knives.

as for knives, i do not own any good ones.  i have a 8" survival knife, a cheap ass machete and a small gut hook for hunting purposes.

im looking for a folder knife.  (read my post in the folding blade sectio)n.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »
I like my SOG seal's issue fixed blade... strong good metal and should be enough for my use....

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 11:47:38 PM »
So to kick off the discussions, what would you recommend for a fixed blade Knife that is very tough yet very affordable.  

....... I have made several knives out of 10" mill files and either deer antler or brass and wood handles.... they don't get more affordable than that.  If I ever figure out how to take pics and put them up.....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:03:10 AM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:27:09 AM »
I carry a pocket-clip folder, but wanted a light, flat neck knife as backup or when not wearing jeans.

So far, split decision between Becker Necker or CRKT Triumph. Probably be the first of either I come across in a store.