< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Government Hypocrisy  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Government Hypocrisy
« on: November 08, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »
Government has no limits on its hypocrisy!!!!   :angry9:

The house passed its version of the health care bill which will put each and every one of us and our children in debt up to our ears!!

Since I cannot get ABC after the Government "switch" to better T.V. signals,  I watched the debate for the health care bill on C-span on my computer.  Fellow Gunowners-this government and the knuckleheads in congress don't give a crap about the Constitution or our Bill of Rights!

I bring this topic up due to the possibility that gun ownership along with the ability to purchase ammunition may be in peril due to congress' disregard for common sense and our rights as Americans.

If congress is 'able' to force government health-care on us, there are no road blocks to stripping away our right to freedom of speech, right of assembly, gun ownership, illegal search and seizure etc...etc...

I believe that elected members of congress go to Washington with good intentions but feel that there must be a toxic gas that comes off the Potomac that kills their brain cells and causes them to go whacky!!!!!

These elected representatives do NOT represent the 'people' and need to be ousted!!! >:D

Thanks!!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline dl_schneider

• Forum Member
Re: Government Hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 08:20:03 AM »
Reading an article about the changes that will be made, it said that insurance company's cannot deny coverage or charge higher premiums for people with pre-existing conditions and poor medical history. Won't they just increase the premiums for everyone to make up the difference? All they have to say is they are treating everyone equally.

Sounds to me like its just going to hurt everyone even more than those baffoons (would rather use other phrase, but its a family board) in washington could ever imagine.  :angry9:
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."   -Daniel Boone

"I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."   -Clint Eastwood

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:11:55 AM »
Won't they just increase the premiums for everyone to make up the difference? All they have to say is they are treating everyone equally.

Bingo, but congress doesn't care because they have their own taxpayer funded private health insurance.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »
When the government can control both the peoples money and thier health then they will control the people. They already control our money.
 Freedom dies if this is allowed to continue.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 09:34:35 AM »
I can imagine that the passage of this abomination will result in the ownership of firearms being ruled as "dangerous to the public health", along with hunting, eating fast food, drinking soda pop, driving an SUV, and a whole bunch of other attacks on the freedom we have now.

Years ago we all had a laugh when Rush Limbaugh made a prediction that the whacko left would try to demonize the SUV. I am not laughing now.

Global warming hoax, Cap and Trade, or should I say Cap & TAX, taking over the financial industry, the auto manufacturers, health care... it has no end in sight.

We must fight this now.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
We can only do this by our VOTING!!!! We must remember who is in office now that voted for the changes that was only in their best interest and get them the H--- Out of there... even if they sounded like they would have the best interest or say they do for the people. I only see them having the goverment based thought that we are not anymore able to think for ourselves and will always need their intervention... it doesn't meet my desires one bit.... I'm P...'O...D...

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »
I sent E. Benjamin Nelson (pumpkinhead) an email today stating I would be watching how he votes on the health care bill.  I informed him that his decision to vote for the bill and supporting O'bongo and Porklosi would result in my call to the unemployment office in McCook to apply him for unemployment benefits starting this time next year as I would see he is unseated.

Members reading this blog may say I should treat him with respect or call him by 'senator'!   Absolutely NOT!!!  He has NOT shown he listens to Nebraskans on this bill or any others for that matter.  I don't have to treat him 'respectfully' because he hasn't earned it!! 

I would like to see the NFOA 'throw' its support behind the candidate that runs against him next year and who DOES represent "we the people".

This guy is a joke when it comes to his responsibilities!  HE NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 06:47:54 PM »
The NFOA, as an organization, is prohibited by law from endorsing any political candidates.  

That does not mean the individual members can't discuss on the NFOA forum, and organize to put support behind certain candidates.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »

That does not mean the individual members can't discuss on the NFOA forum, and organize to put support behind certain candidates.

Bingo
During our discussions about Bens future let's not forget his vote to bring anti Second Amendment / Anti hunting / Anti Freedom Cass Sunstein up for a full vote. Even though he ultimatly voted against Sunstein (just to look good at home is my guess) he still voted for closure and helped him in the long run.
 Ben needs to go.

Glock 1, I won't call him Senator either. That's reserved for some one who accually wants to do the peoples work rather than the work of D.C.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline dl_schneider

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 07:44:05 PM »
Not to get anyones hopes up, but the moderate dems in the Senate have said they cannot vote for the bill because of the government insurance plan in it. I hope that it is true and will kill it, but until then we need to let our senators know how we feel about it.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."   -Daniel Boone

"I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."   -Clint Eastwood

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
Any more I don't believe much of anything any of them say. I will pray for the best and prepare for the worst.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 07:54:15 PM »

Bingo
During our discussions about Bens future let's not forget his vote to bring anti Second Amendment / Anti hunting / Anti Freedom Cass Sunstein up for a full vote. Even though he ultimatly voted against Sunstein (just to look good at home is my guess) he still voted for closure and helped him in the long run.
 Ben needs to go.

Glock 1, I won't call him Senator either. That's reserved for some one who accually wants to do the peoples work rather than the work of D.C.

Nelson voted for Sotamayor also.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »
So, we have Sotomayor and Sunstein. Any other things we can come up with that shows his hypocrisy when it comes to the Second Amendment?
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »
First of all Dan, they already fired back up some old research that was going on and then disfunded, concerning guns, done by one of the health organizations. I don't remember who was doing it but when they took funding from it that was one of the concerns they raised was that it was a back door way of taking guns by making it cost more in health insurance or higher medicaid medicare taxes levied against those that have guns in the home.

Secondly This bill isn't even finished being written so far as I understand which raises the question, HOW THE @#$#$#@$*)(#($)#(@$)(*)(#@$)( can you vote for something that isn't "finalized"?

Third, Lets not forget ole benny boy's vote on "Justice" Sotomayor.

Forth, I listen to a talk show with Judge Andrew Napalitano, And awhile back he asked one of our "representatives" (no, not from NE) where in the constitution they found the right to health care and the guy blatantly, said "well most of what congress does is unconstitutional". When asked where in there she found that right Pelosi simply responded "are you serious?" This leads me to wonder if all of congress couldn't be tried for treason quite honestly.

Get on the senators, this monstrosity of government control and out of their mind spending can not pass. CAN NOT PASS.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 08:43:18 PM »
I read that there's a possibility that the states will file with the Supreme Court to hear if the Health care bill is unconstitutional-14th Amendment??    I doubt if any of the num-nuts in Washington even know what the Bill of Rights is??

Huskergun, thanks for the support on NOT calling benny-boo 'senator'. I agree 100% that the title should be saved for an individual who represents the people!!!

Nothing has been said but in the bill, there's a clause that increases Medicaid funding 150% of which the states are responsible for 90% of that!!  I need to go to Earl May and get one of those money trees because taxes are going to go up & up & up!!!!

Also, found out on friday that medicaid recipients are getting FREE cell phones with 70mins of FREE talk time and FREE texting all funded by the Government with our tax dollars!!  Hasn't started in Nebraska yet but it will!!!!!

The dems want to make all the lazy, couch potato, twinkie eating, oprah fanatics comfortable so they get their vote next year.

Unemployment is above 10%-Nobody wants to work or have to work when they're getting freebies!!  The unemployment # is going to go up-mark my word!  The generation that elected o'bongo into office wants government to take care of them!!

Also, in every paycheck of us hard working Americans, Social Security and Medicare along with other taxes are robbed by the Government.  However, o'bongo directed the IRS to divert all social security taxes withheld to be deposited into the medicare system.  Why? How can that be? Is this guy crazy?  Let me explain!  As soon as the bill kicks in in 2013(projected), o'bongo has already said he's funding it with 500 billion from medicare.  With the baby boomers retiring, that's the only way that money will be there!

Our way of life that we have known since we were kids will cease to exist!!  To fund the stimulus money and health care reform, taxes should be around 72%!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to cheer everyone up all at once!!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:45:03 PM by Glock 1 »

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 08:58:45 PM »
FYI, a little Facebook page that Ne State Senator Scott Price just started up entitled "Pink Slips for Congress".  I think ya'll will like it.   ;)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=173282701105&ref=nf

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 07:13:21 AM »
So

Do you guys think 10k rounds per rifle is enough ??? ;D

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 07:14:28 AM »
Just Kidding  :D

To much Mountain Dew already

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 07:18:24 AM »
So

Do you guys think 10k rounds per rifle is enough ??? ;D

Nope.  "It is impossible for one to possess too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:23:15 AM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline ScottC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »
JimP - wasn't that a quote from Jeff Cooper?