< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Government Hypocrisy  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
Re: Government Hypocrisy
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace!" ;D

Thomas Paine

A-FIXER

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »
DITTO..............Mosin

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
JimP - wasn't that a quote from Jeff Cooper?

I read it in his Commentaries...... I am not sure if he came up with it or quoted someone else......... either way, 'tis true>
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 08:57:05 PM »
I spoke with an individual from Lincoln who sits on the Board of BC/BS and he said Benny-ha-ha informed them he is voting AGAINST obongolosi's health care bill!!!    I'll believe the swine after I check his voting record!!

Don't get me wrong on all this health-care crap.  Health care costs are rediculously high but I believe the health care bill does NOT fix the system.  I am convinced it only takes our freedom away!!  I am sure each one of us would fight for our freedoms!!

bennybamalosi (I just made that up) needs to be ousted regardless of his vote on the health care bill.  He's playing politics so to try and protect his seat in the senate!  I'm sorry you spine-less excuse of an American but you have hung us out to dry and you're NOT worth sending back to washington for another 6 years of bending us over and drilling us in the $#@!!

Thanks!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
I had a nice meeting with Rep. Lee Terry this afternoon and asked him if he knew where Sen. Nelson stood on the obamacare(purposely not capitalized) plan.  He said "I believe that Sen. Nelson sits squarely on the fence about it".  Lee may have a dry sense of humor, but it's a good one.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »
"I believe that Sen. Nelson sits squarely on the fence about it".   

One leg on either side of a tall  rail...... now let's put weights on each ankle.  Fence sitting should not be comfortable.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 09:35:09 AM »
Here is a link that shows one tactic that the far left like to use in Washington.

http://tinyurl.com/y9ewy8j

"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country".
James Madison

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
Health Care and Guns
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »
What do guns and the health care bill have to do with each other?  This just in from NRA:

"In all the the deal making and tinkering to win support for the bill, Reid added a provision to prevent the Secretary of Health and Human Services from collecting data on guns and ammunition in households, and using it in any relation to health care. It also bars insurers from taking into account the risks guns might pose to people?s health in setting premiums or offering rebates to people with healthy lifestyles."

I don't know who is the mover behind this, after betraying taxpayers, small business, and Right to Life the way he did, I'd hate to think we might have to thank Sen. Nelson for this provision that the anti gunners hoped to avoid.  Wonder what page this is on so we can watch what happens to it?
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 04:48:46 PM »
From what understand, there was a proposal in 'obamacare' that fedzilla would take into account every firearm you own (per form such n such registered when you purchase) and ammo (per the proposed 'fingerprinting' at purchase of ammo). the number of firearms and ammo owned would dertermine your coverage and premiums thereof.   Therefor the more firearms and firearm paraphernalia owned the higher your premium would be' due to the extremely dangerous nature thereof, hereto, therefo- blah- blah- blah. 
So I've heard. But what with my holding down 2 jobs to pay off all debts, support and provide for my childrens education and well being, and purchase as many guns and ammo i can get my hands on, and practicing with said guns, I really don't have time to read the extremely fine print in a 2000 page memo full of political mumble jargon legalese.
But also let me venture to guess, that somewhere in there, a chain pot-smokin overweight crackhead freshly aquitted for his third time fourth offense DUI, whom can't (read won't) work due to social inabilities, will get an all expenses paid  open ended stay at the local medical facility, brought forth by obmamcare and sponsored by you and yours truly.
Well enough soap boxin for now.  My night shift starts in a few hours, and since I just got home from my second job, I suppose I should sleep; for my health, of course.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 06:25:02 AM »
But also let me venture to guess, that somewhere in there, a chain pot-smokin overweight crackhead freshly aquitted for his third time fourth offense DUI, whom can't (read won't) work due to social inabilities, will get an all expenses paid  open ended stay at the local medical facility, brought forth by obmamcare and sponsored by you and yours truly.

NE Bull was your description above about the average Congressman, a certain party or a certain person? I wasn't sure....
"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country".
James Madison

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »
No one in particular, but if the shoe fits.....    Place the label anywhere you choose, I'm all about Equal Opportunity Labeling. 

Actually I just combined some of the scenarios I have witnessed in my lifetime.  I've seen people work the system so bad its sad and pathetic and only because it was easier than working for a living.  I was lucky to have a stay at home mom who taught us right and wrong, cook and clean, and a dad who taught us (by doing) that what ever you have is worth more when you worked for it. I just hate to see our forefathers visions of the great American Dream of self government because 'we' as a society have just become, well, lazy.  If you haven't seen it yet, go watch Wall-E. and get back to me.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 06:29:07 PM »
As in Walt Disney's Wall E the movie. Ok, that is now on my to do list. 
James Madison

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 09:07:09 AM »
In the movie Wall-e, on the surface we see the effects of trashing our planet to the point of being uninhabitable. Seemingly an enviromental message.  But the underlying message I get is that we, as a society, have come to rely too much on big business (the government included) telling us what to do, what not to do, and that they will take care of everything. (Buy in Large)  If we continue on that track we will also become fat, boneless, mindless biengs relying soully on big brother to provide for us. Reverse evolution. It will take a group of people with strong mind to break the cycle and take back that which belongs to we the people.