< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Griffin M4SDII Mini Review  (Read 1860 times)

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
Griffin M4SDII Mini Review
« on: May 04, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »
RobertH asked me to post a review awhile ago and I completely forgot so here it is....

I was able to pick it up a few months ago and am very happy with its tone and the sound reduction on my 12.5" barrel.  I have about 300rds thru it so far.

I have had some issues with the rifle itself being over-gassed but believe I have it sorted out now with an LMT Enhanced carrier, H3 buffer, and standard buffer spring.  The biggest benefit of the LMT carrier is that it seems to run much cooler and the oil actually stays put for 100+ rounds of shooting.

The mounting system works very well after after I figured out the trick of backing the can off just a bit after it contacts the stop of the tabbed washer. The rifle balanced really well and I am glad I didn't bother with the titanium can as this rifle with a KMR is pretty light up front so the can balanced it out nicely with the Vltor EMOD.

Finally, the POI shift seems to be repeatable as shooting steel at 200yds seemed pretty easy with the TA33. I imagine there is a shift that I will find when I take the time to sight it in perfectly but it doesn't seem to be drastic (6"+) like some suppressors I have read about.

Top Rifle:
BCM upper receiver
Daniel Defense 12.5" CHF 5.56mm barrel w/ factory pinned low-pro gas block
Griffin Armament Tactical Compensator w/ tabbed washer (works well but is very, very loud without the can on it)
Spikes melonited carbine length gas tube.
BCM KMR 10" handguard w/ KAC Panel Kit
BCM Keymod Sling Mount
Spikes Tactical BCG
BCM Mod4 Charging Handle
Daniel Defense front BUIS
Troy rear BUIS
Surefire X300U-A (will be adding a Unity Tactical EXO)
Vltor EMOD Stock
Trijicon TA33G-H ACOG w/ Laure mount
Blue Force Gear VCAS sling w/ aluminum adjuster

I kind of want to grab an M4SDK but the Surefire SOCOM762-MINI that Scott has is tempting me as I have always wanted one.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Griffin M4SDII Mini Review
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »
Cool.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:16:19 PM »
 I don't think the compensator has much to do with how loud the weapon, any short 223 barrel is going to be real loud, I have a H&K with a 8.3 inch barrel and it is extremely loud, suppressor is on the list for it to.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 08:51:13 PM »
I don't think the compensator has much to do with how loud the weapon, any short 223 barrel is going to be real loud, I have a H&K with a 8.3 inch barrel and it is extremely loud, suppressor is on the list for it to.

Loud may have been the wrong word but it has lots more concussion than my 11.5" 5.56, 9" 300BLK, and 12.5" 300BLK.  They all have flash hiders on them.