< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Legislator wants the CMP to sell milsurp 1911s  (Read 910 times)

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Legislator wants the CMP to sell milsurp 1911s
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
Might have been better to wait until there's a loyal American in the Oval Office, since the current CIC is unlikely to want these military weapons of war distributed to civilians.  Seems like I remember hearing about Bill Clinton having some cut up with torches; maybe that was just a rumor though.

Is this something we should be writing our Congressman and Senators about?

If this does go through, I'll definitely want one.  I'm not a big fan of the 1911 since I like the Glock better, but I'd like to have one for its historical significance.  Especially at that price.

How does one go about getting into the program?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »
Might have been better to wait until there's a loyal American in the Oval Office, since the current CIC is unlikely to want these military weapons of war distributed to civilians.  Seems like I remember hearing about Bill Clinton having some cut up with torches; maybe that was just a rumor though.

Is this something we should be writing our Congressman and Senators about?

If this does go through, I'll definitely want one.  I'm not a big fan of the 1911 since I like the Glock better, but I'd like to have one for its historical significance.  Especially at that price.

It would work the same way you get a garand

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
I did some checking and to be a member of the CMP you simply have to join a CMP affiliated club (search page: https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=clubSearch) and then apply to purchase.  Fortunately, being a member of several of the local shooting clubs makes you a member of the CMP as well. Didn't see the Izaak Walton chapters in the list of NE affiliates.

Note that you have to meet 4 criteria to purchase from them: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 01:15:45 PM »
I did some checking and to be a member of the CMP you simply have to join a CMP affiliated club (search page: https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=clubSearch) and then apply to purchase.  Fortunately, being a member of several of the local shooting clubs makes you a member of the CMP as well. Didn't see the Izaak Walton chapters in the list of NE affiliates.

Note that you have to meet 4 criteria to purchase from them: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Thanks for the information.  I followed your link and found Lincoln Ikes on it. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »
Thanks for the information.  I followed your link and found Lincoln Ikes on it. 
You did see it on there?  Great.  I looked but didn't see it but didn't have time to spend looking deep.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan