Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

Abusing my EDC knife

<< < (2/2)

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: Thanke on May 06, 2015, 01:38:43 PM ---Not exactly the advice you were looking for...but get a Kershaw Blem like this Blur. It is a $35 American made with  stainless steel and aluminum so no worries about rusting. I know that doesn't solve your current problem, but it may help you prevent it in the future.

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw/blur-serrated-1670blkst-blem/

PS I have no affiliation with them, but I buy all my EDC knives from them.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm...that looks a LOT like my knife. (see photo)   ;D 

I can't find any info on whether mine was made in the USA (not sure if some are not), or whether it is stainless steel, but it was oxidizing.

I wonder if some Navy Jelly would take it off.

ETA: @Thanke...I agree with you.  I really like my Kershaw Blur.  FYI I got mine on Amazon for $48.25 in June 2014.   Can't find the Red Blur on Amazon any more though.

Fly

Thanke:

--- Quote from: OnTheFly on May 06, 2015, 04:27:34 PM ---Hmmm...that looks a LOT like my knife. (see photo)     

I can't find any info on whether mine was made in the USA (not sure if some are not), or whether it is stainless steel, but it was oxidizing.

I wonder if some Navy Jelly would take it off.

ETA: @Thanke...I agree with you.  I really like my Kershaw Blur.  FYI I got mine on Amazon for $48.25 in June 2014.   Can't find the Red Blur on Amazon any more though.
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I left a Kershaw Leek outside over winter. I found it next spring and there was rust on it...not from the blade or aluminum handle, but from the torsion bar. I emailed Kershaw asking for a replacement kit which they sent me no questions asked, and now it is as good as new. I didn't know they made them with anything else but stainless & aluminum, but I'm not a knife connoisseur  by any means.

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: Thanke on May 06, 2015, 09:15:29 PM ---
Hmm, I left a Kershaw Leek outside over winter. I found it next spring and there was rust on it...not from the blade or aluminum handle, but from the torsion bar. I emailed Kershaw asking for a replacement kit which they sent me no questions asked, and now it is as good as new. I didn't know they made them with anything else but stainless & aluminum, but I'm not a knife connoisseur  by any means.

--- End quote ---

I might give them a call.  Looking at the picture of the knife in the link you provided, the number on my blade matches the one on the knife in the picture.  I would think that means it is the same material.

Regardless, stainless steel can rust, though it is more resistant than other metals.

Fly

Mudinyeri:
Rod carries Blue Wonder at his store (Moeller Arms) ... or he did the last time I looked.  If not, you can get it online at myriad places.

gsd:
I beat the ever loving hell out of my EDC Camillus Cuda that can be had for $30-ish on amazon. It's a work blade, but it's also AUS-8 steel, so it takes and holds an edge extremely well.

Got a different style of open assist to it though, takes a bit of getting used to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version