< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My Every Day Folder  (Read 8529 times)

Offline mike n

• Forum Member
Re: My Every Day Folder
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
my carry pocket knife is a 3" folding Ka-bar semi-serrated one hand opener   cardboard boxes,kids candy bags plastic ties pencil sharping it works great and holds a good edge      only $20 bucks

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »
My EDC blade is a Bear 401SR (or something close to it).  I picked it up when the Remington store went out of business at Westroads Mall.  Sometime in the past 11 years or so.  Has served me well but I've actually been looking for a replacement.  Blade is a little nicked up.  I had a Gerber (one hand open assist straight edge) I got at Canfields a few years ago but the pocket clip broke rather quickly and now I'm not sure where it is.

Curious, does the law for blade size only apply to concealed blades?  I mean, if someone wanted to carry around a hunting knife on their belt where everyone could see it, could they?  Not that I want to.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
I think the law defines concealed weapons. A knife must have a blade longer than 3.5 inches to even be defined as a weapon by state law. Some cities in Nebraska have stricter limits (3" in Hastings for one)

I think that like open carry of firearms, the law is mute on the issue of open carried knives in our state, so I would like to assume that any act not expressly prohibited by law is legal.

Be careful though that you know the local ordinances too, as there is no statewide  preemption concerning concealed weapons,  other than a handgun carried by a valid CHP holder
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 01:49:06 AM »
This is what I carry. Have one on me all the time and one in the car.

You have to love that "MAGIC" opening system on them there S&W knives.  I recently got the 3.25" swat with the magic opening system.  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:24:47 AM by mizzly »

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »
Gerber Kiowa Tanto for me.  I have one with the serrated edge that is my EDC knife and one without that's in my BOB.

Offline Grunt167

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
My EDC blade is a Emerson CQC-7B. A great knife and the blade is just shy of 3.5"...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
-- Thomas Jefferson