< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun buybacks  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Burkdoggy

• NFOA Full Member
Gun buybacks
« on: May 08, 2015, 05:28:55 AM »
Has anyone heard of any upcoming gun buyback programs?  I have a junk pistol that should be destroyed but I might as well let some taxpayers reward me for it. It's a Jennings .22 (just to save anyone the worry that I might have something desirable to part with).

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Gun buybacks
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 06:30:32 AM »
They don't do "buy-backs" around here, just "turn-ins".

I'd give you $20 for it, if it fires and includes the magazine. 
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 07:56:54 AM »
How about a book buyback, or turn-in?  Thought criminals can turn in books that contain forbidden information, no questions asked.  These books would include the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bible...

If the liberal cult ever does have a gun buy back here, I have an FEG PA63 9 X 18 that doesn't work very well; I'd trade it in if the price was right.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 08:17:37 AM »

I'd give you $20 for it, if it fires and includes the magazine. 

I'd give you $20 for it, even if it doesn't work, if the alternative was giving it to the anti-2A crowd.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 08:26:21 AM »
By turning them in we are only giving them another reason for the to host them.

I might turn one of these in...
:laugh:

Offline Burkdoggy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 10:32:09 AM »
It's been dry fired too much.  The firing pin has peened a flat spot on the chamber so a round won't go in.  I bought it as a fixer upper but I've lost interest in it.  Might be alright for someone else.  It's the kind of gun I'd want the bad guy to have.   :D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »
Ah, a tactical stapler!  I haven't seen one of those in years!????

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
It's been dry fired too much.  The firing pin has peened a flat spot on the chamber so a round won't go in.  I bought it as a fixer upper but I've lost interest in it.  Might be alright for someone else.  It's the kind of gun I'd want the bad guy to have.   :D

Like I said, if you're seriously thinking about turning it in, come by my shop and I'll give you $20 just to keep the numbers lower on the anti's press release.

Ah, a tactical stapler!  I haven't seen one of those in years!????

It can't be tactical.  It isn't all black.  ;D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »

It can't be tactical.  It isn't all black.  ;D

Oops!  My bad! ????

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »
It has long been my position that a gun "buyback" in Nebraska would be illegal ( for handguns anyway) as it would clearly violate the Purchase permit requirements....

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 12:31:26 PM »
It has long been my position that a gun "buyback" in Nebraska would be illegal ( for handguns anyway) as it would clearly violate the Purchase permit requirements....

Since when did the police or city councils in Omaha or Lincoln care about what's legal and what isn't ?
D.R

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 06:56:49 PM »
Fair enough, but, I have always wondered how the state patrol would respond to an anonymous "tip" concerning an illegal arms deal.....could prove very interesting....

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 09:53:02 PM »
Come on guys! We know that LEO's are always exempt from the rules everyone else must live by...

69-2403. Sale, lease, rental, and transfer; certificate required; exceptions.

(1) Except as provided in this section and section 69-2409, a person shall not purchase, lease, rent, or receive transfer of a handgun until he or she has obtained a certificate in accordance with section 69-2404. Except as provided in this section and section 69-2409, a person shall not sell, lease, rent, or transfer a handgun to a person who has not obtained a certificate.

(2) The certificate shall not be required if:

(a) The person acquiring the handgun is a licensed firearms dealer under federal law;

(b) The handgun is an antique handgun;

(c) The person acquiring the handgun is authorized to do so on behalf of a law enforcement agency;

(d) The transfer is a temporary transfer of a handgun and the transferee remains (i) in the line of sight of the transferor or (ii) within the premises of an established shooting facility;

(e) The transfer is between a person and his or her spouse, sibling, parent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or grandparent;

(f) The person acquiring the handgun is a holder of a valid permit under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act; or

(g) The person acquiring the handgun is a peace officer as defined in section 69-2429.
Source

Laws 1991, LB 355, § 2;
    Laws 2010, LB817, § 4.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 03:52:34 AM »
Kansas as a law on the books specifically outlawing buybacks.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »
This would be funny except that she(?) is serious. Unfortunately seriously off balance in the thought process.
D.R

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 07:54:16 PM »
Come on guys! We know that LEO's are always exempt from the rules everyone else must live by...

Ahhhhhhhhhh, BUT, mustn't forget that those who run Buybacks are VERY adamant about saying the guns are NOT being bought by law enforcement, and that the police are NOT "involved".

Besides, exactly which agency would approve tax dollars being spent on junk that will be disposed of??   The guns are NOT being purchased on behalf of LEO's nor are they being purchase BY LEOs for  duty use, ergo, the buybacks are NOT legal ( as far as handguns ) In Nebraska
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:11:34 PM by newfalguy101 »

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, BUT, mustn't forget that those who run Buybacks are VERY adamant about saying the guns are NOT being bought by law enforcement, and that the police are NOT "involved".

Besides, exactly which agency would approve tax dollars being spent on junk that will be disposed of??   The guns are NOT being purchased on behalf of LEO's nor are they being purchase BY LEOs for  duty use, ergo, the buybacks are NOT legal ( as far as handguns ) In Nebraska
Just asking the question.... If the tax payers are buying the guns are they not being put on the city or companies books? Even if the buy back is being ran by some NY founded group either they would have to purchase the weapons for the said company or the idviuals would need to have a purchase permit or a CCP to pass money for the hardware.

Not arguing here just asking..8)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 08:12:02 AM »
I don't know how these things are normally done, but you'd think a private group could do one on its own with its own money if it wanted to, and the group could have a gun dealer handle each transaction so it was all legal.  The likelihood of a group of liberal bigots doing something like this with its own money seems small though, since they love spending taxpayer money so much.  But with, say for example, the Clinton Foundation having so much money, maybe they could do one. 

If they do something like that though, as I said earlier, I think they should include a book buyback too, and see how many copies of the Constitution and the Bible they can get "off the streets," because in the end, those are what the liberal cult really wants to get rid of; civilian disarmament is just a means toward that end.  They can get rid of history books that have not been made to fit in with liberal dogma too, and old manuals on grammar and style that were written before liberalism was the official state religion; these books oppress women, because they have sexist language in them (i.e., mankind instead of humankind, etc.).  These make every bit as much sense as gun buybacks. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »
They can get rid of history books that have not been made to fit in with liberal dogma too, and old manuals on grammar and style that were written before liberalism was the official state religion; these books oppress women, because they have sexist language in them (i.e., mankind instead of humankind, etc.).

They already have.
 All of the history and literature books have been sanitized over the years for the new teaching curriculum.
Mark Twain is now a bigot.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:30:22 PM by DR4NRA »
D.R