< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun buybacks  (Read 2743 times)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Gun buybacks
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
I have a problem the term 'gun buyback'.  It sounds like they're buying something back that they previously owned.  Occasionally Omaha in the past has given $25 in these sordid affairs.
Compare it to a stock buyback by a publicly traded company: at least the company is offering to purchase something it owned and issued.  Another way of misusing language IMHO. >:D

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »
I don't know how these things are normally done, but you'd think a private group could do one on its own with its own money if it wanted to, and the group could have a gun dealer handle each transaction so it was all legal.  The likelihood of a group of liberal bigots doing something like this with its own money seems small though, since they love spending taxpayer money so much.  But with, say for example, the Clinton Foundation having so much money, maybe they could do one. 

If they do something like that though, as I said earlier, I think they should include a book buyback too, and see how many copies of the Constitution and the Bible they can get "off the streets," because in the end, those are what the liberal cult really wants to get rid of; civilian disarmament is just a means toward that end.  They can get rid of history books that have not been made to fit in with liberal dogma too, and old manuals on grammar and style that were written before liberalism was the official state religion; these books oppress women, because they have sexist language in them (i.e., mankind instead of humankind, etc.).  These make every bit as much sense as gun buybacks. 

And then the FFL holder has a whole bunch of junk on his books he needs to dispose of, oh and he will need the sellers info to properly log the acquisition..........all for an organization that wants to see him out of business...............what could possibly go wrong....

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
And then the FFL holder has a whole bunch of junk on his books he needs to dispose of, oh and he will need the sellers info to properly log the acquisition..........all for an organization that wants to see him out of business...............what could possibly go wrong....

Don't you think they could get an anti-gun bigot to become a dealer long enough to do it?  And there have been dealers support various gun control schemes before.  I'm not a supporter of these so-called buybacks by the way (which I thought might be obvious from my comparing them to book buybacks).  I just wanted to point out that if a group of liberal bigots wants to do it badly enough, they can probably find the means to do it.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.