Ammunition & Hand Loading > General Ammunition Discussion

LPD and EDC Choice

(1/6) > >>

tstuart34:
So got my carry permit several weeks ago and have been researching what to carry. I know I need to test funtion and all that sort. But during my reading I found some discussions on matching your personal defence ammunition with what your local department carries. So...

Does anyone know what the LPD carries?

Best Place to pick up SD ammo?

Does anyone ever buy bulk and do a group buy? A couple places online seem to have decent prices on 500 rounds of various brands with free shipping. 

Burkdoggy:
The Smith & Wesson Shield is hugely popular.  I carry the 9mm version.  Very concealable.  I would say use whichever ammo functions best.  If the police ammo doesn't work for your particular firearm,  you won't have confidence in your defense tools.

Dan W:
I believe LPD officers buy their own service pistol, or at one time they did. A good friend of mine, former LPD Captain, carried a Sig .45 as his main duty firearm.

I assume they were required to stay within an approved list of pistols, but that would still allow for a lot a variety.

Decent ammo for self defense can be a bit hard to find

I have used this site many times for Speer GoldDots and Federal HST

http://www.mahsupplies.net/

Ronvandyn:
I have heard these same concerns many times but to the best of my knowledge they have never been part of any court action unless the shooter was using handloads.  I carry a variety of different loads for my 40S&W, but the one thing they really have in common is that they are all professionally manufactured self-defense loads.  I DO handload, and I have never had a FTF on anything I have loaded, but I dont take chances with my carry ammo, the outcome is far to important.

tstuart34:
Sorry not looking so much as what firearm to carry. I have a glock 17 that I will carry. Maybe pick up something smaller in the future a maybe a 19. I've pretty much have become a glock guy :)

My questions directed to ammunition. 9mm in particular.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version