Ammunition & Hand Loading > General Ammunition Discussion

Reloaded .270 ammo

(1/5) > >>

Les:
What if anything can be done with reloaded ammo that's no longer needed?  I have an older retired friend that has approx 170 rounds of .270 win loaded with 56 gr of 4350 Dupont, 130 gr Hornady slug, CCI primer.  Kinda shame to disassemble them.  I realize they can't be sold just wondering what others have done.

sidearm1:
Why can't they be sold? 

28-1239. Explosives control; exceptions to sections; enumerated.

In addition to the exceptions provided in sections 28-1213 to 28-1239, such sections shall not apply to:

(1) The use of explosive materials in medicines and medicinal agents in forms prescribed by the official United States Pharmacopoeia or the National Formulary;

(2) The sale, transportation, shipment, receipt, or importation of explosive materials for delivery to any agency of the United States or to any state or political subdivision thereof;

(3) Small arms ammunition and components thereof;

(4) The storage or possession of or dealing in black powder used for recreation purposes by a sportsperson;

(5) The storage or possession of or dealing in smokeless propellants, percussion caps, primers, and other components used by a sportsperson in the reloading of small arms ammunition;

(6) Bona fide war trophies capable of exploding and innocently found explosive materials possessed under circumstances negating an intent to use the same unlawfully, but the owner thereof shall surrender such items forthwith to any nationally certified hazardous device technician or military explosive ordnance expert upon demand by a law enforcement officer or agency or fire department; and

(7) The storage in minimum amounts necessary for lawful educational purposes of explosive materials to be used in the natural science laboratories of any state-accredited school system.

shooter:
 you have to have a type 06 ffl. to sell reloaded ammo, and you have to pay a tax on making the ammo. not to mention a butt load of insurance,

Les:
I do have a large liability policy but it doesn't cover reloaded ammo.  Too bad I don't have a .270.   

Bigtony:
I've broke reloads down that I have got in trade and sold or traded the components.  Reloads that I could use I broke down and made what suits me for my needs.  I reload for 270 but it is not my powder choice, so if it were me, I would break down and make them for my own particular rifle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version